Apostate is an easy excuse

by Formerbrother 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sorry, DOC, I meant to put a "wink" smiley on the end of my post.

Please reread it and imagine it thusly.

BTW...

DOC - "...demanding obedience too all things even if it sounds batshit fucking crazy..."

Fixed that for ya.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    DOC - "...demanding obedience too all things even if it sounds batshit fucking crazy..."

Vidiot ~ "Fixed that for ya."

That is indeed a much more correct (perhaps not politically correct, but correct in fact) way to state it!

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

The trouble is they are now selective about what an apostate is.

If they want to read it, they say its not apostate.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Apostate™' is a handy label to slap onto someone. That way the Jobots will immediately stop listening to anything logical or compelling the labelled one might say.

The other handy thing the elders have, if they have it in for you, is 'brazen conduct™'

Both effective cult propaganda manipulation tactics.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

What if there is something that you dont want the elders to see?

Can you say its apostate and they should delete and block it?

If they dont then they are committing a serious sin?

Is somebody was caught on social media or something clubbing or something that may be considered loose conduct then the elders were informed about it, but you said please dont look at it it is apostate!

But then if they do go and choose to look at it, then I wish it really was apostate and something very powerful that would get them to think carefully about everything.

Has anybody got an example of a short video that is very powerful, Id like to find the best one that is so very apostate and powerful, any ideas please?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "The other handy thing the elders have, if they have it in for you, is 'brazen conduct'..."

Yup, credit where credit's due...

...that one's pretty much the most versatile DFing catch-all they've come up with yet.

:smirk:

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

What is the official definition of apostate?

If it is saying something bad about Jehovah or Jesus then some of the videos about members of the governing body are not apostate?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Pushing this back to the top!

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Desirous of Change:

I'll stand by my statement that in my time in the Borg, it has really undergone some radical changes. But then, I'm looking back on decades (in fact, at this point in life, I don't even buy green bananas), as opposed to any changes in just the past several years.

Agreed! I joined the witnesses back in 1957 and how the Borg have changed since then is nothing short of unbelievable! Not for the better in any way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit