Who wrote the Bible?

by Ireneus 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

The wordings suggest much of the Bible is written by false friends of God. To mention a few:

1) God planted a special tree to pay the way for suffering and death into the lives of His children.

2) God protected Cain who murdered his innocent brother out of sheer jealousy

3) God confused languages out of His own jealousy towards mankind’s prestigious building project.

4) God tested Abraham asking him to murder his only son.

5) God repeatedly hardened the heart of Pharaoh.

6) God instigated Satan to go after His own faithful devotee Job.

7) God called David ‘a man after His own heart’ (Acts 13:22) who had no idea about God’s impartiality (Deut 10:17), hence offered to his would be father-in-law a gift of 200 foreskins of Philistines after killing them all to receive Michal as his wife (1 Sam 18:27).

8) God led Jesus to the wilderness to be tempted by Satan.

9) God creates the born blind “so that the works of God might be displayed.” (John 9:3)

10) God asks His people not even to greet those who disagree with them.

True friends of God would not depict God in such a demeaning way! True friends would have been careful to use wordings that would present God as having very appealing personality as seen in Mathew 25:31-46 where we find a God who judges people on the basis of how humane they were rather than on the basis of their religious beliefs..

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The wordings suggest much of the Bible is written by false friends of God.

Another viable conclusion could be:

The wording suggests much of the Bible is written by friends of a false* God.

*) 'false' as in non-existent.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

By the way what makes you think the less favorable depictions are the false ones?

What if these are the true depictions, and the favorable ones are written by false friends?

How would one ever find out?

If someone doesn't have an existing belief that Bible God is awesome and good and love and such, they have no means to pick which depictions of God are correct and which ones are not?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus
    Anders Andersen

All those accounts falling into the category of 10 listed are written by false friends of God because Bible itself admits much of it is written by false friends of God (Jeremiah 8:8). If you are tuned to music, it is easy for you to identify mismatches while someone is playing music. Similarly, we all have an in-built sense of justice because of which in all countries certain acts such as lying, cheating, sedition ..etc are treated as crime, and those found practising them are removed from the society on to the jail or from the life itself. The same in-built sense of justice in me tells me all those 10 listed above and similar ones are written by false friends of God because it doesn’t help the readers in any fruitful way.

But Mathew 25:31-46 is written by a true friend of God because it helps the reader to be humane which has the potential to make the world a better place with peace and progress thriving.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Such circular bullshit. We know its true because it makes god look good and if it makes god look good it must be true.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I believe the bible is the world's biggest practical jokes. Talking snake, talking ass and Good vs Evil. There are events in the bible when good become evil and evil becomes the good guy. I'am sure if you could sit down with the writers of the bible today and ask them, was it all BS? Not all but we were trying to get everyone on the same page, folks was out of control. So no way in the world no one could verify some our outrageous stories, until now.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I believe the Greeks wrote many of the books that found there way into the Bible. Many of these stories came from other cultures like Sumeria but were changed to suit the new narrative.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

If you’re interested in a plausible explanation that is based on some sort of actual evidence Wikipedia has an article on it that should at least give you some good books to check out on the subject.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Bible itself admits much of it is written by false friends of God (Jeremiah 8:8).

That's a very interesting thought. Hold on to it. Because Paul wrote to Timothy that all of Scripture is inspired by God.

You're saying Paul is wrong. Which means he's mistaken at best, a liar and false friend of God at worst.

In any case, we can't trust anything he wrote. By extension we shouldn't trust anyone who associated with him (after all who would trust a friend of a known liar and fals friend of God?)

So we must ignore most if not all of the NT. Well maybe the gospels can stay.

Oh no the gospels have to go to as they state what is included in your list of 'written by false friends'. So no more NT in our Bible.

Looking through your list we also get rid of the first 5 books, all (claimed to be) written by Moses, a false friend of God too according to your list.

Take out the books referring to other items on your list, or written by the same writers, and we're left with not much of a Bible anymore, are we?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The same in-built sense of justice in me tells me all those 10 listed above and similar ones are written by false friends of God because it doesn’t help the readers in any fruitful way.

My built in sense of justice says slavery is wrong, genocide and exterminating women, children and elderly in wars is wrong, punishing children for the crimes of their (grand)parents is wrong, women and foreigners are equal to everyone else, etc. etc.

So can we please declare that any Bible book that contains any of that and approves of it is written by false friends of God too?

Hmmm....I'm afraid we just reduced the Bible to Song of Songs only....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit