"Prayer" and answers to it , positive / negative ,or is it all in the mind ?

by smiddy3 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think prayer is a joke, let's take two hospital rooms across from each other, the men in both rooms are in serious condition and they have their family around them praying for his health. The man in one of the rooms dies and the man in the other room lives. What happened since both of the families were praying?

I think the more a person prays the more of a phony Christian they are.

• punkofnice
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Two quotes that sum it up for me when it comes to belief and prayer:

“silence is the language of god,
    all else is a poor translation.”

Jalaluddin Rumi

And "It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible......."

Eric Hoffer in The True Believer

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

If God exists then prayer is nothing more than a broken promise.

Jesus promised a number of times in John (16:23,14:14, 11:22 etc) that whatever we ask for would be granted.

There was no fine print attached to those guarantees, no provisos etc, just a promise that has gone unfulfilled millions of times no doubt....

• Chook
    Chook

Prayer is like pouring your concerns on a friend, it makes you feel better but doesn't necessarily solve anything. That's why religions exploit the confessional arrangement and the guilty sheep feel better after confessing to whatever deviation of church creed. Pray to Jehovah to never send one of his people to your door and see if he is the answers your prayer, it's a reasonable request to ask father not to send his prophets to an apostate. But Jws would say he's not listening to your prayers . Has god answered any of the payers regarding the coming of his kingdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit