(As promised) BETHEL TRIP part 7. Loosing my balance

by seven006 46 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Shotgun,

I just do what I do and try very hard not to take it too serious. It's not hard to simply remember things I have gone through and be honest about it whether it is bad or good. How it comes out in the story telling is just a fluke.

Gumby,
    You shared a room with your two sisters? That explains a lot. I grew up with six sisters and two brothers. I was somewhere in the middle. Middle kids get ignored a lot, I was thankful for that, It helped me sneak out of the house more often without being missed.

Avishai,
    Laughter and being able to look back at my life and laugh has helped keep me alive. I was quite the idiot. I can now say that with a grin on my face. Life can be a real trip.

bigboi,

If a mod sees your comment they might edit it. With my dyslexia, all the words seem to have run together. Your comment seems to fit.

OFC,

That was a long response to a long post. I understand how you feel. Sorry you got upset reading it. I am numb to it, it also did not effect me writing it or living it. It's like Christmas to me, just another day in the life. I'm glad you are doing better. Again, it was not courage, it was just going through the paces of starting all over again. Life goes on.

Viv,
    You are far from the only stupid one. I don't know if you can look at things like that as being stupid but more as trying to readjust and transform ones entire life by any means at hand. Sometimes not caring at all is a lot safer than caring too much. I realized that at the Bryant memorial when I saw the photos of Robert Bryant's dead family.

Take care,

Dave

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dave,

Thanks for sharing your vivid recollections of those difficult post-JW times in your life. "Difficult" is an understatement.

I can relate to the part about social alienation, and feeling lost in the world outside JW's.

Thank goodness for a website like this, where we can discuss things with others who suddenly found themselves all alone in this world, because of the unloving nature of the Watchtower Society and its adherents, who rather than extending kindness to ex-members in an effort to "gain their brother", perform the emotional equivalent of a kick in the groin.

By sharing and learning on this board, perhaps people can be spared the extreme pain that you went through when forums like this were yet future.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Dave: Just want to join the chorus and thank you for writing your story.

I think it's important for people on this board, of all ages, to hear periodically from people who have put in something close to 50 years on this planet and have some perspective, people who have been there, done that and lived to tell about it.

I read and hear the anguish of young(er) men and women on this board and want to say, "In time, you'll see it differently and you'll get better." But I don't, because that sounds patronizing, and, besides, they probably won't believe it anyway.

But life stories like yours make the point way more powerfully. As a bonus, your story also attracts a number of quality replies and together all these posts demonstrate, once again, what a powerful tool for recovery this board is.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Great read!

• kpop
    kpop

Such an old thread but so very interesting.

Thank you and please come back to update us!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Well written and inspiring. By the sounds of things I wonder if he is still alive.

• zeb
    zeb

Put your story in a book..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit