This is just getting stupid

by spiritwalker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

This a quote from CNN.com. In which they are talking about a new movie that is about the last ours of Jesus Christ ...

The movie, whose dialogue is in Latin and Aramaic, covers the final 12 hours in the life of Jesus Christ and has come under fire from some Jewish groups who claim its story could foment anti-Semitism by tying Christ's death to Jewish authorities.

... do Jews really think that the Christians need a reminder that they killed Jesus Christ? Isn't that reminder, the BIBLE! I think this whole PC world of rewriting what offends everyone, is getting out of hand. Personally, I make it a point to not be Politically Correct and when I find out I offended someone. I tend to do it more and more until I destroy them all together. If your that weak, that you can be offended by EVERYTHING, without seeing the truth in the statements, then your a waist of oxygen. Sometimes I wish it was a 1000 years ago and the weak died young, as they grow up now and make stupid complaints.

• gumby
    gumby
    do Jews really think that the Christians need a reminder that they killed Jesus Christ?

REAL jews do not believe jesus has come yet. Real jews don't want the blame for what "chritian jews" did to jesus. I think that's the point, but I could be wrong.

Gumby

• avishai
    avishai

While I agree that the world has gotten too pc, I think that, A), your argument of the bilbe being a valid historical document is flawed. B), The Jews have been beaten and killed for two thousand years over the "fact" that they killed christ. They may have been accessories, but you don't see people calling Italians "Christ killers" when it was the Romans who actually did the killing, which is not in dispute. My dad used to have to fight every day, because he "killed christ". This was in the fifties and sixties. It's a valid concern. Anti jewishness is at an all time high since the forties, To think that the pogroms & genocide of jews will stop, because we are so "advanced" is naive.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Sometimes I wish it was a 1000 years ago and the weak died young, as they grow up now and make stupid complaints.

Jews aren't weak. For their numbers, they have a very disproportionate influence. In fact, as far as affecting change on society, they may be the most powerful. That is why they can make demands in the face of 2000 yrs of tradition.

SS

• gumby
    gumby

Actually.....yes it was the Romans who supposedly impaled him....but it was at the jews pleadings. Pilate tried to let him go untill the jews cried "Impale him , impale him". The fact that a race today is persecuted because of what somebody of the same race did in the past, is ridiculous and idiotic.

The point I was making, was that I think the threads author is combining jews with christian jews.

Gumby

• cypher50
    cypher50

Yea, it is getting weird with how people want to squash the valid historical fact that the Jewish Pharisees did plead for Christ to be killed. This isn't a valid excuse for anti-Semitism but it is unethical to try and whitewash/deny the facts of the matter...

• yxl1
    yxl1

Spirit,

I couldnt care less what some Jewish sect think, or any other religious organization, but I agree with your PC comment. The only thing I dislike more than Politically Correct comments, are the idiots who shout it out in the first place.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm going to the movie when it gets here.

The "jews" didn't crucify Jesus, and only some Jewish leaders wanted it to happen.

Historically, the Romans killed him

theologically...all sinners killed him

Yes the world is WAY too PC.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hate political correctness with a passion

• Mary
    Mary

There are a few things in the NT that I never realized (until I started going to university). The section that tells us that it was "the tradition" for the Romans to release a prisoner to the populace, is almost certainly a false statement. There is absolutely no evidence, either historically or archeologically that suggests that the Romans ever did such a thing.

It's also become more widely accepted amongst scholars that the Jews as a whole did not put Jesus to death. Yes, Jesus certainly pissed off the Sadducees and the Pharisees and they most likely did conspire to get rid of him, but Jesus also posed a threat to Rome and it was under Rome that he died. The average Jew probably had nothing to do with it. The scriptures that speak of "an uprising" and where the Jewish crowd were supposedly yelling "Impale Him! Impale Him!" could have easily have been created in the decades after Jesus' death, when relations between Jews and Messianic Jews (the forerunners of Christians) rapidly deteriorated.

Even if the Jews of the 1st century CE, were responsible for Jesus' death, that's not the fault of any Jew living today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit