List of main points from 2023 AGM

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    When there is a rough-edged grumpy elder who is mean to you, I think it's easier to deal with..

Had one in my old hall. Had been in the army and was a total, utter bully.

Offered to fight me away from the others when we were working on a quickbuild and I had in some way annoyed him.

I readily accepted as I could not take any more of him - he then amazingly climbed down and apologised and we had an uneasy sort of truce between each other after that..

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Let's irritate the hell out of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses! Does anyone know what the 2024 Year's Text is going to be...or does anyone have the means of finding out?

Once we find out we all can make a concerted effort to plaster it all over the damn place on social media!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I for sure as hell know what scripture it won't be:

"Thy shall not go beyond the things that are written!" (1 Corinthians4:6)

🤣

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It kind of sounds like they may be going back to the 70's teaching about Romans 2 (I suspect from Ray Franz). For a brief time they said, some might be judge favorably based upon their conscience.

The 2 references have been removed from the computer files long ago but it was there as I discussed it at length with others.

14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
  • peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BTW....when did they change from 2/3rds vote to unanimous for doctrinal changes? Or do I have that wrong?

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

We will have to wait till Jan broadcast to see the reaction from rank and file. They still don’t know.

They delayed releasing the juicy new light in December broadcast maybe having second thoughts about it. Could there be a U turn on the nothing matters anymore new light? If they do release it to rank and file will they see masses saying “if that’s the case then why bother? Let’s just wait and see if JWs were right and then come back last minute?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit