Can someone fill me in please?

by claudia 16 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

I think the door to door work could be a dangerous activity in some neighborhoods. You could show up at a crack house and be mistaken for a Federal agent in your prim and proper atire.

WOL: their stuff makes me gag. It also makes me unsettled. I used talk like that! Man, what a jolt to my system.

• jukief
    jukief

Claudia, there is no such Bible book as Hezekiah. COMF was joking around.

AlanF

• claudia
    claudia

Jukie, I searched for a half hour, lol. I even looked up all references to hezekiah. And was sitting here scratching my head.Oh boy its late here.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

As Jws we believed that God was protecting us with a big helping of holy spirit. To engage in a dangerous activity was considered to be putting 'Jehovah you God to the test.'

I had to leave because being a gladiator violated this sacred principle.

'To the death' is my motto.

• Francois
    Francois

Well, do you all remember that the Borg has also come out against playing Chess? PLAYING CHESS!!

Now, I ax you, why should playing chess attract the interest of the Borg? At the time, back in the early 70s, the Awake article went on and on and on about how it was a destructive game in which one attempted to "smash" and "murder" the opponent; chess players were quoted as being out to "destroy" the person on the other side of the board.

Of course, they were quoting Paul Morphy, a certifiable nut case world champion who once challenged God to a game; also Bobby Fischer who was not known for his mental stability; and other semi- and un- balanced chess geniuses.

Of course, I've ignored the anti-intellectual B.S. from the Borg regarding chess for all these thirty years. I just bring it up here to add fuel to the thought-fire that the Borg attempts to control the most minute aspects of its member's lives, and can use some of the most creative, albiet baseless thinking to do so.

Your move.

Francois

• logical
    logical

Chess is a war game, its evil evil evil dont play it

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Claudia,
    I can't believe you fell for one of the oldest witness tricks in the book!! Making up a scriptural reference!! Crack me up, glad to see I'm not the only gullible one around.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit