Why Do Some People Wear A Mask While Driving Alone In Their Car?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Its quite documented now that this contagious virus is a bit more that a simple cold, it has killed 354,000 in the US alone,

No, 354,000 deaths have been attributed to it, it doesn't mean it has killed that many. I think at this point regular flu deaths are being categorized and there also the inconvenient truth that many of the deaths were avoidable and happened because of political interference (putting Covid patients into nursing homes). Either an astounding level of stupidity or deliberate killing on genocidal levels.

1,800,000 around the world

See comment above.

So who here is playing stupid and intellectual dishonest?

Seems like you are. You're just repeating everything you have been told. Everything we're ever told is almost always a lie. If you don't realize that yet, you're not paying close enough attention.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I'm more concerned about things that affect me directly. Like, "Why does she wear a jogbra when she's not jogging?" Why does she laugh when I'm only able to deftly unhook three of those industrial clasps with one hand and struggle with the fourth one?

• millie210
    millie210

Where is the documentation where I can read how the 300,000 death total is right?

I ask because the CDC says there were only 68,000 more deaths in 2020 than in 2019. At the bottom of the chart it says that 68,000 includes deaths from Covid.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    t
    millie210o

Where is the documentation place where I can read about the 300,000 death total?

millie, it's in the same documentation that says Trump and Putin were planning to take over the United States and change the name to United Russia States.

Joking aside here is a link of Covid deaths by Country and by State, If you want to believe it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• wozza
    wozza

Good reasons above

I wear mine in the car going to get tested in my street at the Covid testing station which is drive thru.

Is this silly ? Well when I wind down my window there I'm faced by people who are testing me and heaps of other people before me .Could I get infected there ? Probably not but I am in a high risk category so why take a chance .

I guess people wear masks in their car for a variety of reasons like they put one on before leaving the house because they don't keep them in the car.

My partner and I went to Bunnings (retail hardware store) yesterday ,signed in ,put on hand gel ,and had our masks on and of the hundred or so in store, including the staff ,we were the only ones with masks on.

We may have been conspicuous but we tried protecting ourselves from a possible rogue arsehole who knew they had Covid but did'nt cover up. And this happens.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Hmm, masks in a car...

Maybe their passenger farted?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@millie210

The table you presented is good evidence of what Simon was talking about. This virus has been politicized so much, we can’t be sure. Nursing home scandals, rewards for covid patients, improper categorization of deaths - it’s hard to tell. But overall deaths, that tells a huge story.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I've driven a few minutes with a mask on simply because I forgot to take it off when coming out of some place where it was required. This probably accounts for a small number of people you see driving around with one on.

• minimus
    minimus

When I get out of peoples way , I rip off the mask and inhale the air outside freely.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Hell, I get out of the car 50% of the time, not realizing I’m massless, and head right for the store entrance. The other night I went to Target at about 9:30 PM, and completely forgot to put on the mask. Walked right into the store and got all the way to far back corner. Nobody stopped me. I only realized it on my way back to the registers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit