What Ways Did Jehovah's Witnesses Make You Feel Guilty???

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Willie
    Willie

I am brand new to this forum. I am not, nor have I ever been a JW. However, my wife and I have had an ongoing ministry to the JW's that ring our doorbell. We invite them in, sit down, and have good discussions. We have been doing this for about 11 years, now.

We have studied Scripture for years, and we have done lots of research. We have seen time and time again just how incredibly deceived these poor souls are, and we have compassion on them! This is why we invite them into our home... to let them actually see, firsthand what the LOVE of JESUS is supposed to be! We share with them our testimony, of how we were once SINNERS who were lost, and on our way to Hell... but then we surrendered our lives to JESUS, and asked Him to forgive us of our sins. As the Scripture makes VERY clear, Salvation is a GIFT, given by the GRACE (unearned favor) of GOD, and that it is NOT earned by works, so that nobody can boast.

We show them passages in the Bible that clearly indicate that many of the things they have been taought are blatantly unbiblical. We share with them how the WT society has made multiple false prophecies, and that Scripture specifically says that we should not fear a false prophet. The WT is very clearly a false prophet that never learns from its mistakes, it just covers them up.

The society's so-called "Bible studies" only take a handful of verses totally out-of-context, and mis-quote them. They also GROSSLY mis-quote other sources. Their "Should you believe in the Trinity" booklet is absolutely RIFE with mis-quotes and out-of-context, partial quotations which say the OPPOSITE of what the authors actually meant! Don't belie it? Use GOOGLE, and look up the SOURCES of the quotes that they make... the scholars whom they mis-quote. It's an eye-opener!

Anyway, these poor, deceived souls that come knocking at our door will not be rudely turned away... we want to tell them about the REAL JESUS of the Bible, which is something that they NEVER hear about! All they are given is the pre-digested drivel of the people in Brooklyn, with the intent of forcing them into further guilt and slavery. We have shed tears for these poor souls! We feel that it is a CRIME what the WT is doing to the people inside... treating them like THINGS to be used to their own foul gains, and heapingt guilt on them!

The point of my message to each of you here, is that JESUS really DOES love you, UNCONDITIONALLY!! The WT is WRONG! I cannot emphasize that enough... THEY ARE WRONG!!! Jesus came to this Earth to set captives FREE! His burden is EASY and LIGHT! (Matthew 11:28-30)

Please take a minute, and visit my WEBsite... you will see that Christians should be following JESUS CHRIST, and also see that the WT has lied to you. You do NOT have to continue to feel guilty! JESUS came to set the captives FREE!! :)

http://www.mymorninglight.org/openletter.htm

I pray that you will open your heart to JESUS, and let His peace fill your aching soul! He wants you to know His love more than you realize!! :)

Willie...

• patio34
    patio34

Good question (another one), Minimus.

All of the posts say such good things about the guilt we all had. Brooklynn, my goes out to you! I hope things are going well now with you and your daughter!

I always felt guilt about the things mentioned by others, but in particular for my children: they didn't like the meetings, I let then have "worldly" friends in the neighborhood, we didn't have regular family studies, we didn't go out in service often enough, etc.

It was impossible to do all that they wanted. I remember one JW woman saying every convention made her feel so down because it was always "more!" One convention, they loudly and brashly said "If jehovah had the last judgment right here and told all of you to come down to the platform, how many would make it?!!!?" (with a very negative slant).

These memories make me so happy to be free of such an awful life philosphy!!

Pat

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome Willie!!!! ........... Patio, no one could EVER do enough to satisfy the Watchtower.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I cant stand the guilt ridden language of JW's

"ohh we miss your comments"= why have you stopped commenting?"

"ohh we missed you on Saturday!" = "why didnt you go out in service saturday?"

"ohhh, we really miss seeing you at the meetings"= why have you been missing meetings?"

If there is one thing JW's do well is lay on the guilt nice and thick

It makes you afraid to even take a s**t without praying to jehover and talking to the elders to make sure it is the "appropriate" thing to do.

• minimus
    minimus

Doodle-----I would recommend that you pray good and hard everytime you go to the bathroom. Or else you could be displeasing to You Know Who.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Mia culpa Mia culpa Mia maxima culpa et tibi partir et Kyrios desu nostrom

AAAmen

• minimus
    minimus

it's ok......

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Hey Min,

I just wanted to comment on your original post where you used the example about the snow not being that bad. When I was at Bethel (farm), travelling to the congo's was done by car; hence, the possibility of getting stuck in the snow. This one elder that I had to ride with was a real jerk and the thought of getting stuck with him was depressing. Their was pressure to go despite the weather conditions but no one was forced. I told this elder that I would not go because of the weather conditions and he was not happy. (Part of our allowance was paid to those who provided transportation, so he was losing gas money). I heard that many of those who braved the weather that day were stuck for hours and I enjoyed knowing that I didn't have to spend all that time with that loser. Maybe I lost out on singing Kindom songs, or listening to his narcissistic ass as he would talk about how important his job was, while waiting for help. My loss!

One circuit overseer talked about an inmate on dealth row. (Maybe you are familiar with this one). This inmate could not be at meetings, but would re-enact the meeting routine from his cell. At the start of the meeting time, he would stand for the song, sing, say a prayer, and pretend that he was at a normal meeting. Can you see where the CO was going with this? After talking about this man's story and his eventual death, the CO had the congo in tears. And to think, we would miss meetings because of any little inconvenience. I didn't like his story because it was obviously meant to invoke guilt.

I told the CO that the man was on death row because of the circumstances that put him there. In other words, his circumstances were different. If his intention was to invoke guilt, I don't recall any time where Jesus used that tactic. Jesus would appeal to the heart and allow that to be the motivation of spiritual action. I had the opportunity to tell the CO that guilt only achieves temporary results. "You were trying to accomplish something more beyond that, right?" I said.

Patching something that is broken and can never be fixed by fleshly thinkers, is why their lack of spiritual awareness resorts to guilt tactics.

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Caleb, You kicked that CO's ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit