Religious Fanatic Mother

by LickingMyWounds 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

I'm sorry for your loss, sending you a hug🙇

• steve2
    steve2

Oh LickingMyWounds, I so wasn't expecting the very sad news in your OP on the death of your fiancé. My sincere condolences. I'm so feeling for what you are going through. On this time of your need, your JW mother is nowhere around. I will reserve my thoughts about her because it just would seem badly timed - but your mother's absence shows where her heart is. I hope you can get the support you need during your time of grieving. Warmly, Steve.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It is indeed a toxic "religion". Turns decent, kind human beings into delusional, paranoid, guilt trippers. Im sorry to hear of the passing of your fiancee. Its sad that your mother reacted that way.

My mother tells people im dead, i found the best thing to do was to write her a letter cutting her off from my family. I've felt a lot better since doing this. It's taken away the power she believed she had on me by her shunning me.

Im not gonna tell you what to do, but none of us need toxic people or things in our lives.

• LickingMyWounds
    LickingMyWounds

Thanks everybody..... My Mother's love is conditional.... it depends on you being a JW. I may just lie about it. I could probably go to the hall right now after 5 years and give a great Substitute talk without preparing.

I remember years ago when I was actually Dfed living in another state, my mother would say "I can't let anyone see me talking to you" or "I'm not supposed to be talking to you"

My step brother is a publisher that never got baptized, he married a strict Roman Catholic, they have their babies christened and all that stuff, clothes with crosses on them, my parents love them.....

The strange thing is there are equally devout religions like Judaism, but when members leave or don't go to temple anymore, families don't shun them and tell them they will die.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lickingmywounds..

first of all--a warm welcome to this site. you have had a terrible shock to cope with--made worse by others harsh unfeeling attitudes.

i hope you find strength, friendship and comfort from us all here.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@OP

My mother used to do exactly the same things. Every time I visited, was almost like a bible study..... bla bla bla Armageddon.... world conditions.... end is near... etc etc.

Now, she knew already I disagreed with the Org on many points, but perhaps she had forgotten, i'm not sure. In any case, i got sick of the constant preaching, so every time I went over and she began preaching I pushed back, with clear points about the Org, which she couldn't really defend.

Thus, after 2 or 3 more visits, the preaching stopped completely, because she knew that this would mean she would have to defend things that are hard to defend.

Worked for me, but perhaps not for everybody, especially if you need to pretend you believe.

• just fine
    just fine

I am so sorry for your loss. Something I learned early on, JW's will exploit any painful situation to hurt you more. It is intentional and encouraged. I limit what I share with my family ( the ones that still speak to me) because I know they are not capable of support and will cause further trauma.

You were given information about your mother from this interaction, information you can use to make better choices concerning her in the future.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

JWs are toxic, they are told they they alone are gods people. They think everyone else is wrong supporting Satan etc. Jesus said if your not against me your for me, JWs say if your not one of us your against us!

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@LickingMyWounds

I am so sorry for your loss and that you are going through all of this, very cruel what your mom has said. My mother has also insulted me as well in the same way. It's very said that we have to endure these kind of things, especially from someone who gave birth to us; it's such a pity. You are a very strong person, and I wish you nothing but more strength to bare through this my friend. We support you ❤️

~Jules

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from LickingMyWounds:

This religion is psychotic.... none of my "worldly" family likes witnesses because of my mother.... what is the deal here?

I believe you've just identified "the deal." What better way to turn people against what should be good by making it bad. Gotta give The Adversary credit; he's implemented a very effective organization in the WTBorg Inc. to carry out his plans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit