Religious Fanatic Mother

by LickingMyWounds 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LickingMyWounds
    LickingMyWounds

I have been faded for 5 Years raising my kid after JW wife cheated on me. I go to the memorial here and there. My mother is a pioneer. I have had a Fiancé for those 5 years that was chronically ill. My mother has met her, seemed to like her. My Mother lives out of state. Last year I went to see her out of state, took fiancé, tried to stay in different rooms, mother flipped out, called me an idiot in front of my son. I went to a hotel for the week.

When we are out to dinner my mother constantly preaches, what a good meal our heavenly father gave us....tells me things like I won't be in paradise. I'm in my late 30's with a kid. Every time I talked to her on the phone, she says meetings, blah blah, scriptures, Armageddon......

2.5 months ago my fiancé unexpectedly passed away in the hospital, mother came down to support me. Picked at everything the whole time, didn't say many good things about my fiancé. Didn't want to go to the church for the service, didn't go to the funeral at the cemetery, said she was leaving just trying to hurt me. She did end up going to part of the church service.

I now have not talked to my mother for 35 days, she just doesn't call. This was a major event in my life. My fiancé was the greatest most loving, giving person in the world. I'm just surprised my mother does not even check on me or grandson.

This religion is psychotic.... none of my "worldly" family likes witnesses because of my mother.... what is the deal here?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not surprising when its realized this religion causes people to go into psychotic delusions.

Mostly instigated by Fear, Obligation and Guilt by this particular fear mongering religious publishing cult.

Can you guess why this religious publishing house does this ?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I'm really sorry about your fiancé's passing. This is really sad news and something you should be able to lean on your family for while you grieve. Her behavior is not consistent with a mother who values her son's recovery and happiness above her own comfort and image. Shame on her.

We are here for you, @LickingMyWounds.

• LickingMyWounds
    LickingMyWounds

Finkelstein....I would say its to control members? It's strange though, I feel as it is a religion for week-minded people. Because I have been heavily exposed to the medical field the last 5yrs... I have argued the blood doctrine with other JW's and they always default to never researching it on their own and just going by what the organization has told them. Instead of continually testing the scriptures, they rely on a corporation to do that for them.

• LickingMyWounds
    LickingMyWounds

@Wham.... thanks! She is just "broken" I just write it off as how she's perceived by others in the organization is more important than; "What would Jesus do?"

• LickingMyWounds
    LickingMyWounds

I wish there was a way to publically expose them and what they do to families.... We should start a JW reality show

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Indoctrinated JWS impose guilt upon others to show their own righteousness and loyalty to Jehovah.

They are in the mindset designed by the WTS to consciously think and express themselves this way.

Remember they have been indoctrinated to think this way, so expect it, mind you some do more than others out their own lack of cognitive thinking ability.

My parents were devout JWs for decades and I never got overly pushed by the religion, even when I left for good.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@LickingMyWounds But the organization members already are in a reality show. It's called Big Brother.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I wonder if they think the silent treatment will get you to rethink your position or if they are trying to protect their own feelings. Remember they believe that you are either with them or against them and against them means your life. More of that fear controlling them.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

I feel your pain regarding your mother's actions, and I also feel your frustration about loved ones trapped in this organisation...I have to continuously restrain myself from becoming angry, nasty etc about this organisation and the fallout from their way of doing things. People who have left the organisation or cooled down perceive the JW members and GB actions as highly illogical and even cruel, but when you are on the JW bus all these things are sadly the most logical thing in your life, and living by them makes you feel "in a relationship" with God.

It takes self restraint not to start thinking active members are deliberately bad people (though some are), and to realize the GB and JW system are behind how their members act. What usually helps me is to realize that not many years ago I was exactly the same way my mom is now....scaaaary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit