So, I did a thing ... Shunned VIDcast #1 - Secrets - Jehovah's Witnesses and Cult Life

by dubstepped 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Get you one of those fun emoji masks and do your video behind the mask. Nobody will know who you are.

Or here's an idea. It is intimidating to jump out there on video. So start with audio, like I did. When I was young I did telemarketing and found it way easier than face to face. Come on my podcast and tell your story. I even give you a questionnaire to help shape the episode. Now your voice is put there, so what's left but a beautiful face and viola, YouTube superstar. I could have you on and announce your new YouTube channel at the same time for people to check you out.

Or, like you said, post videos semi-private at first to get a feel for it. If I can do it, you can too. You want to. Ask yourself, "what is preventing me from getting on YouTube" and then go find an Ethiopian eunuch to produce your show. :)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@dubstepped: "Ask yourself, 'what is preventing me from getting on YouTube' and then go find an Ethiopian eunuch to produce your show."

I'm dead on the floor. I'll pay that Ethiopian in my special currency of meatballs, seeing has his castration has ruled out my other kind of currency:

• Sliced
    Sliced

Nice to see ya in person!! You are doing great! No worries about perfection... that was a pipe dream! hahaa

Joho--- would love for you to do videos!!

Cheers to you both

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Jo Ho OMGAAAHHH nooo. I always bleep my face out in pics on here. Then you'll all knowwwwwwwww.
    Not meaning to play on your emetophobia, but I literally feel like barfing from the anxiety of being online

Jo ho, what about A MAX HEADROOM style avatar!! You can create your alter ego....be anything you want. I'd love to do that as I'd never inflict my damaged body disomorphic me on anyone!!

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Way to go.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Every new video and activist helps expose the cult more and more!

I say, everyone should take the plunge in some way, shape or form!

Thanks for the inspiration Mike!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks ladies and gents. I hope that by doing these videos I can help more people in that way too and draw in more listeners to the podcast. Maybe encourage someone else to jump in with my own low quality and lowered expectations, lol. I need to do something to make the audio clearer, a project for the next video, but my first podcast episodes weren't my best and still had an impact. It's all a learning process but just putting myself out there was probably the biggest hurdle.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda
    jump in with my own low quality and lowered expectations, lol.

Ha! yeah, with a voice changer and a black screen, or smurf (no!), or IDK yet...

-Paranoid Wakanda

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Wakanda and @Diogenesister, the three of us should band together and do a collaboration video on YouTube. I think I'll do it if there's someone else in the video with me to hold my hand (and hair in case I puke).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit