Tell Us About Your Local.

by Englishman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I visit my local most days, normally at the end of the day around 10 pm. It's a nice way to end the day, almost a reward for the work put in earlier.

E-man,

What is a day like for you that you can go to the pub at 10 PM? I hear the British work week is much less grueling than the typical American one. What time do people go to work there and finish their work day? I hear you all work less than the five day, 40 or 40 plus most of us work here. My doc told me that many countries have less heart disease and high blood pressure because they take a more leisurely pace in life. He said America operates on a warped work ethic and it's killing us.

I dream I'd like small village life in the UK. In reality I might not.

Heather

• Englishman
    Englishman
    What is a day like for you that you can go to the pub at 10 PM? I hear the British work week is much less grueling than the typical American one. What time do people go to work there and finish their work day? I

I think that a 37 hour week is fairly typical, say 9 - 5. My son's company only takes a half hour lunch break so that everyone can finish on Friday at lunchtime with the time accrued.

I work from 9 -3 straight through, 4 or 5 day a week.

BTW, don't forget that UK pubs close at 11 usually.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit