Hooray! Bound volumes in the trash!

by stillin 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i cleared my late fathers house--i dumped over 50 years worth of magazines. i found them all over his house. stored in cereal boxes. also a stack of books--and a large box of congregation records.

i wouldnt demean myself to sell watchtower rubbish on ebay..i dont need that sort of dirty money.

• stillin
    stillin

There were a couple of "Evolution" books in the pile, too. Admittedly, I thought that book was a good answer to evolution theory when it came out, but I was able to mention to my wife that there had been some controversy about taking scientists' statements out of context. And some embarrassment about it. I didn't think that we would be studying it ever again. She didn't ask where I got that information but it's indisputable that the book is completely ignored and forgotten by the WTS.

To the trash bin with it!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    stanlivedeath: when i cleared my late fathers house--i dumped over 50 years worth of magazines. i found them all over his house...

I think this is common. My granny was the same - she would faithfully receive (and pay for) her monthly "magazine placement" for years past the time when she was capable of going door to door to get rid of them

I have often wondered what happened to all those millions and billions of "the world's most distributed magazine" and I think that most of those magazines simply ended up being accumulated in closets, basements, garages of JWs. Sort of like those people who sign up for MLMs (Amway, etc) and all they get out of it is a lifetime supply of soap products that nobody will take off their hands for them

That and maybe the literature ends up here too:

• nugget
    nugget

I have found that these things must multiply in the dark every time I think I have found the last leaflet, brochure and book I clear out a cupboard and find more of the things.

It is an amazing feeling clearing out the clutter.

• Ding
    Ding

I hope someone is hanging on to all that old stuff.

The WT loves to "lose" embarrassing items from its archives and hopes no one will ever remember they said it.

There's nothing like reading old WT nonsense to prove that the WT doesn't have a pipeline to Jehovah.

As ex-JW, ex-elder Leonard Chretien once said, "The Watchtower's greatest enemy is its own literature."

• compound complex
    compound complex

FAHRENHEIT 451

Fahrenheit 451 is a dystopian novel by American writer Ray Bradbury, published in 1953. It is regarded as one of his best works. The novel presents a future American society where books are outlawed and "firemen" burn any that are found. Wikipedia

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

WHen I cleaned out my parents house, the first thing I had them throw in the bin was those bound volumes, going back to the early 60's. But then, I think we're doing what the Borg is doing with them now, they don't acknowledge out their bullshit and lies from way back when, so I guess we made them happy by throwing them out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit