Hooray! Bound volumes in the trash!

by stillin 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillin
    stillin

My wife has held onto them like they were family heirlooms. We are cleaning and clearing out accumulated stuff and I pointed out that there is the cd-rom library now and that the society has made revisions and really doesn't WANT us to be reading the old stuff. She said that even though there have been changes to the teachings, the wrong understanding served its' purpose at the time. I said that she could explain that to the people who died before blood fractions were viewed in the present "light."

Anyhow, disposing of books that we will never read felt great! And she was in agreement!

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Mine had mould on them so in the bin they went. Better land fill than recycled.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had a huge bonfire a few years ago where we watched the old bound volumes go up in smoke. A beautiful sight for sure! A little bittersweet too, as I threw on the Brittanicas too, as well as my Chess Informants. Things have changed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    nyhow, disposing of books that we will never read felt great! And she was in agreement!

Sounds very liberating. Love that it was the two of you in agreement. That's awesome.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLIN:

Me too...I know what you mean about treating the religion's literature like they were family heirlooms!

But, once we found out the truth about the religion, these things seemed like detestable garbage that we had to get rid of. I got rid of everything including a signed songbook from a so-called anointed person when I got baptized. Tore it all to shreds. If this person was still living I would write them a long letter about why I'm not in the religion anymore.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot
    ...and the light gets brighter and brighter...as I throw more watchtowers into the fire...
  • stillin
    stillin

Longhair, seriously? An autographed songbook ? By one of the actual anointed? And you threw it away? Gasp!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLIN:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess I was supposed to treasure what this "anointed" sister gave me like it was a sacred relic LOL.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Dropoffyourkeylee

Check mate.lol

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

LHG I`m sure their would be some Dubs that would have paid you $$$$$`s for that if it was from a GB anointed however looking back on your post it could have been just a mentally diseased person LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit