Do you want to play with bears? You are now qualified for baptism!

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

At today's WT study about child baptism, someone commented and she pointed to the picture of the little girl playing with her teddy bear. She said, 'She may be looking at her bear and thinking about getting to play with bears in the new system. Her parents notice this, and they decide since it's real to her she may be ready for baptism.'

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Manipulating children to become baptised without comprehending the consequences of such an action should they have second thoughts later on is Child Abuse .

And they the J.W`s religion should be held accountable for it and so should the parents if they support this action against the child in being shunned and ostracized by all the baptised members of a congregation.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha!

The children in Elisha's day also liked to play with bears! But the game didn't end too well for them....(If you believe that ridiculous fable)

• Half banana
    Half banana

Another example to show that the JW governing body are only self interested in their survival as a viable religious corporation. Their focus is to keep the membership numbers high enough to perpetuate the religion and its income.

If they were really putting spiritual things first they would put the welfare of their followers first and have responsible adults who love their children unconditionally. This would involve unselfishly putting the emotional development and education of their offspring as a priority . Instead of this common sense and loving approach, what does the JW leadership call for?............Entrapment!............. Stick your children into a dire brainless cult, get them baptised so they can't leave without breaking up the family bonds.

The JW religion is ruthless -- to encourage baptism for youngsters at an age before they can evaluate the lifetime consequences of doing so is a callous trap. If you value happy family life and common sense, have nothing to do with this abusive cult!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

At our assembly last week they had a recently baptised 10 year old boy interviewed. When asked what challenges he faces he said "sometimes I don't feel worthy! " Good to start the fear, obligation, and guilt at an early age!

• sir82
    sir82

She said, 'She may be looking at her bear and thinking about getting to play with bears in the new system. Her parents notice this, and they decide since it's real to her she may be ready for baptism.'

LOL.

No, I'm sure she was thinking of this account from her "Bible Stories book":

He went up from there to Bethʹel. As he was going along the way, some young boys came out from the city and began to jeer at him, and they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” Finally he turned around and looked at them and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out of the forest and tore 42 of the children to pieces.

"My Book of Bible Stories: Terrorizing small children with graphic portrayals of violence, destruction, and abuse for for over 30 years now"

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The original post hurts my stomach. I've always had such a problem with the undue influence and pressure put on these kids to rope them in and screw them over for the next decades of their lives and possibly for the rest of it one way or the other. Either they stay stuck in a cult because they now have too much to lose to leave so they never really allow themselves to look at the realities or they lose everyone they will come to know. The logic that one exhibits in the comment about the teddy bear is the logic that gets your dumb ass in a cult. Anything to make something fit a narrative. Ugh.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I really hope that somehow, membership in a religion can be regulated by the law, so that it's viewed as a contract and all things have to be up front, and minors aren't eligible. I know that's a long shot because it's too vague to implement IRL, and it could be viewed as going against separation of church and state or freedom of religion. But there must be some way to prevent this, maybe from the angle of human rights abuses.

• steve2
    steve2

There are child baptisms in other religions - including of infants. The monumental difference with this religion is the "consequences" of the baptism follow the child well into adolescence and adulthood and provide the basis for being disfellowshipped.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I find it funny how SOOO many JWs are all into Playing with the Animals in the "nude system" but hardly any visit zoos or know anything about animals?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit