Kingdom News No. 35

by Smyler 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smyler
    Smyler

I feel like an elder doing an experiences part! lol, Any other experiences people had with this?

• jgnat
    jgnat

The professor was "scholar" of course.

• Smyler
    Smyler
    The professor was "scholar" of course.

hahaha!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It took me a bit to figure this thread out. I forgot that the tracts are numbered. "Kingdom News" must be a tract that came out after I left.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Nosferatu... actually, "Kingdom News" was a special series of tracts, with their own numbering, which were always distributed in special campaigns. The first Kingdom News was released in 1918 to publicize the US government's attempted censorship of the Watchtower Society. No. 31 was released in 1984; I can't find any mention of Nos. 32 and 33; and Nos. 34, 35 and 36 were released in 1995, 1997, and 2000 respectively.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Euphemism, I don't remember them. Maybe because I had lost my interest in the troof at the time they were released in the 90s.

• Daniel.J
    Daniel.J

Theres alot of talk regarding the kingdom news here...but just what was it?God Bless You

• garybuss
    garybuss

And what about the hype about "Special" talks? What was special about them? And handbills advertizing the meetings? At 7 years old I had to picket a lamp post with cardboard signs tied to me with butcher's string and hand the handbills out to passersby. Isn't that child labor? Can they do that?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Basically I just distributed mine as fast as possible not giving the householder a chance to refuse

• Flash
    Flash

Like others here, I would get anxious to see if anything was really new inside. Later I realized it was just hype, which after a while just annoyed me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit