Kingdom News No. 35

by Smyler 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smyler
    Smyler

KM 10/97

Give

Kingdom

News No. 35 Wide Distribution

October and November will be busy months for all of us. During the first 11 days of October, we will offer individual copies of The Watchtower and Awake! Then, from Sunday, October 12, through Sunday, November 16, we will join in the worldwide distribution of Kingdom News No. 35. It will be our privilege to take an important message to all the people in our locality. It is the answer to the question, "Will All People Ever Love One Another?" During this special campaign, we will distribute Kingdom News No. 35 on weekdays. On weekends, in addition to presenting Kingdom News, we will feature the current issues of the magazines.

Who May Have a Share? As usual, the elders will be at the forefront of the work. Everyone enjoys distributing Kingdom News, and no doubt a great many publishers will enroll as auxiliary pioneers during one or both months of the campaign. Other publishers will want to spend more time than usual in the ministry.

Do you have a Bible student who is well along in his study of the Knowledge book and who will soon qualify to engage in field service? Perhaps he could become an unbaptized publisher in time to engage in the Kingdom News campaign. A simple presentation is all that is needed to introduce the tract. For example, one might say: "This message is so important that it is being distributed worldwide this month in 169 languages. I would like you to have your personal copy." Even young children can have a fine share in this exciting work.

Book study conductors should encourage every member of their group to have a full share in the distribution of Kingdom News No. 35. There also may be publishers who have become inactive but who would again be active in the service if they received the needed encouragement. In advance of the campaign, the elders should visit each of these to see what can be done to help them accompany experienced publishers in this feature of the ministry.

When May We Meet for Service? All this activity will call for group witnessing arrangements that are both convenient and practical. Wherever possible, meetings for service should be organized for each weekday, on the weekends, and in the evenings. They should be held at times that will enable publishers and pioneers to take full advantage of the witnessing period. Arrangements also may be made to meet in the late afternoons for the benefit of school students, shift workers, and others. The service overseer should ensure that there will be plenty of house-to-house and business territory on hand so that everyone can share fully in the work. Where there are many publishers in an area, they should be discreet about how many work in a given section of territory.

What About Not-at-Homes? We want to speak personally to as many householders as possible to explain why they should read Kingdom News No. 35. So if no one is at home when you call, write down the address and call again at a different time of day. If by the last week of the campaign your efforts to contact these householders still have been unsuccessful, you may leave a copy of Kingdom News at the door in a place where it will not be seen by passersby. In residential areas, be alert to offer Kingdom News to individuals who may be walking along the street. When working rural areas and where there is more territory than can be covered during the campaign, a copy of Kingdom News may be left at not-at-homes on the first call.

What Is Our Objective? Congregations should endeavor to use their entire supply of Kingdom News to cover all their territory before the campaign ends on November 16. If your congregation?s territory assignment is quite large and if it is safe to work on your own rather than with a partner, you may find it practical to do so. This will enable you to reach as many deserving ones as possible with the good news. (Matt. 10:11) It may be advantageous to carry a few tracts in your hand and a Bible in your pocket or purse, rather than use a briefcase. Be sure to keep a good record of where interest is found.

Are You Ready to Start? The elders should anticipate how many extra magazines the congregation will need and should order accordingly. There is no need to order Kingdom News No. 35, since a consignment is being sent to each congregation. Special, regular, and auxiliary pioneers will have 250 copies each to distribute, while congregation publishers will be allotted 50 copies each. We have our work cut out for us. Are you eager to share in this delightful activity? No doubt you are. Let us give the important Bible-based message in Kingdom News No. 35 the widest possible distribution!

I don't why this came to mind, but I remember doing this.. I would have been only 8 years old. I remember being scared s***less opening other peoples doors when they weren't home and putting those things in! And have to make sure no one else could see them, you it usually took a while. I was scared too, about alarms going off because we were opening the doors!

KM 11/97

min: Local announcements. Outline special field service arrangements for November 27. Share some local experiences from the Kingdom News No. 35 campaign.

So brothers and sisters, did you have any experiences doing this work?

smyler

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Don't remind me. I had the service meeting part on experiences with Kingdom News No 36. Must have been the longest 15 minutes of my life.

The KM started including field service experiences with the announcements regularly a couple of years ago. (I think this was a resumption of an old practice, if I'm not mistaken.) It turned the announcements--the easiest of all service meeting assignments--into a dreaded chore. Few people--if any--were having any positive field service experiences; the stuff that would get dredged up for use--literature placements, brief friendly conversations--was ridiculous. Some people were good at dressing up even a simple experience, and making it sound interesting. Others weren't, and it was embarrassing to listen to the banal experiences that were the best the congregation could come up with.

• Matty
    Matty

When there was a Kingdom News being released, there was absolute hysteria amongst the brothers and sisters - it's as if the next big campaign will be "the final push" before Armageddon. We all waited with baited breath at the earth shattering message! The content of the tract was always kept a closely guarded secret until they are finally distributed amongst the congregations.

In the Kingdom News campaigns, there was an all-out effort in the congregations I attended, even more so than when there was a Circuit Overseers visit. Nobody was excused - all the book study overseers made sure of it! The object was that every man woman and child in the area gets to see a copy before the end of the particular campaign. I remember our Service Overseer telling us a few days before the end of one Kingdom News campaign that we weren't doing as well as other congregations in the circuit, and we had to catch up! There was a lot of competition amongst the congregations as to who would get through the territory the quickest.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Yeah, and now who remembers what any of them said? One of the most useless exercises indulged in by the Organization. Right up there with resolutions at district conventions.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the whole concept of leaving magazines at homes where noone answers the door is absurd . There is nothing that would annoy me more than seeing publications sitting around like I'm supposed to pick it up and read it . I can see law suits over littering over this .

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

When is the next one coming up (she asks with dread) and why are you instructed to leave literature where a passer-by can't see it?

• La Capra
    La Capra

"why are you instructed to leave literature where a passer-by can't see it?" Because leaving crap on the porch would be a sign to potential miscreants that the occupant was not home and therefor could be burgled...Oh, the tract campaigns. Yukk. What a bunch of kooks (did you catch the note in the KM about special service arrangements for November 27th? They just can't bring themselves to say "Thanksgiving" can they). Shoshana

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

And who wouldn't want their very own obligation free copy of a global message of truth BS?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

The content of the tract was always kept a closely guarded secret

LOL! That's right! I had almost forgotten about that! It's funny, because there was never anything particularly different in them. I would always tear into them and then find myself wondering where the really exciting stuff was.

And they would always have these experiences like:

A 55-year-old college professor writes, "Never have I read such an accurate description of the problems facing us today. Your tract points to the true solution for these issues. I commend you for printing such inspiring material."

Even in my most zealous days, part of me found those quotes really hard to comprehend. I'm thinking, "This guy is a college professor? He must not get out much. And doesn't this guy talk a lot like the writing department guys? Did someone really say this?"

SNG

• Huxley
    Huxley

Seattle, that "professor" is probably some poor hobo that had the Kingdom news tract stuffed in his tip jar. They mistook his drunken mumbling for a testimonial!

Huxley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit