Observations from an Ex-Elder Part 2 - Cart Work

by doubtfull1799 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I said on another Thread, I wonder if this could be counter-productive in that when we went DtoD it was not so obvious that nothing was coming of it.

Those of us who were proficient had discussions, shifted many mags, and even the odd book, (very odd some of them).

Now it must be so "Bleedin' obvious" to those JW's taking part that it is simply a time waster, that it will add to their feeling of discontent.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember when it was all about "not counting time but making the time count".

In street witnessing, for instance, I wasn't allowed to just stand there. I had to actually approach people. Sometimes walk with them while giving my presentation.

I would have loved this cart "witnessing".

I do wonder whose brainchild on the GB this idea was.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why even have the carts "manned" ---- just set them up in a public area--chained securely--with a few tracts available to anyone who wants to help themselves. it may well turn out to be more productive--without a person in attendance.

the dub who sets it up then counts the time till they return to remove it--say 8 hours later

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm guessing Phase 2 of the "cart work" will involve JW's dragging the carts along as they go from door to door, ringing the door bell and then simply pointing to the cart (if and when) a householder answers the door.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799
    @Ding - I would go with number 3, just keeps dubs too busy to think. They accuse "Satan's world" of keeping people too busy to think, but they use the same tactic!
  • stillin
    stillin

One local elder works a table at a local flea market. He always says how positive it is. I just feel sorry for him"

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It seems that NOT engaging with people is the way the GB is heading more and more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit