the latest discussion between the wife & I

by Winston Smith :>D 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Winston,

May I suggest you remove the title as well? It is a dead giveaway as to the dynamics of the thread and is insulting to view. YOU MARRIED (picked) HER! Why complain NOW?

And incidently, women don't have 'units'. That is a mans 'tool'.

sKally

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Winston, I have to agree with some of the others posting here-there is a chance (a very good one I hope) that your wife will leave the jws and join you. Logically, she'll probably come to this site. I helped a loved one leave, and one of the first things I did was show her this site and help her get signed on, so she would not feel so isolated and alone. Please keep in mind how your wife would feel if she saw extremely personal stuff about your marriage on this discussion board. Heck, even if she never sees it, it's still not cool to break a confidence with your partner. I know you must love her a lot, otherwise this would not be causing you such anguish. Hang in there; I wish you both all the best.

• Sassy
    Sassy

The threads on here stay forever... so if she left and joined two years from now as long as Simons site is still here, the thread would be unless removed by an admin/mod.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

sf, I think in this case "unit" refers more to her robotic attitude as a Witness than, um, equipment she may or may not possess.

Nina

• shotgun
    shotgun

SF

I can't agree with that comment because it is too black and white

YOU MARRIED (picked) HER! Why complain NOW?
    Shouldn't she be held to same as well if it's that easy. She picked him, why complain now!
  • shotgun
    shotgun

We are all units from the human production line...The Wt rewrites the sub-routines and then releases defective units. Joker or SOJ for example...although every now and then they do say something profound, although it's usually when they quote me

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Bebu,

The role of the husband is to love--which means to serve and to sacrifice for his wife (something that overlooked in JW theology, I am sure).

I was under the impression that it is the role of BOTH partners in the relationship, not one or the other. I think what Sheila, and Big Tex and Nina all said are the balanced, mature attitude that makes for good relationships.

Terri

• sf
    sf
    Shouldn't she be held to same as well if it's that easy. She picked him, why complain now!

Same for her, yes. I just thought that was given. Didn't think it needed to be stated.

Marriage is a cult(ure). Better investigate before you sign up. Simple.

sKally

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

sKally:

Marriage is a cult(ure). Better investigate before you sign up. Simple.

Given that many of us were raised in the WTS, a good proportion of whom married young, I suspect that such mature investigation may have been lacking.

Many things are "simple" in hindsight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit