"You Should Be Loyal To The Organization Because It Taught You God's Name"

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

...so said my mother when she asked me to read the latest Watchtower on "the apostates". She said that because I learned "JEHOVAH" was God's name and because "The organization taught" me this, I should, out of loyalty stay in the organization. I did not want to get into the "Jehovah" name thing but I said in return that if she strongly felt this way, then she should have remained a Catholic. When she asked me to explain myself, I told her that "had it not been for the Catholic Church, she wouldn't be reading the Bible, as she knows it today." When she said ,"That's not true",I said,"If you don't believe me, look it up yurself in the All Scripture Inspired book...... I said, "Based on your line of thinking, you were wrong to leave the Catholic Church"...... She gave me that deer in the headlights look and I kissed her goodbye and told her to enjoy the rest of her dinner.

• blondie
    blondie

That sounds like the reasoning my mother used telling me and my siblings we should obey our molesting father because he paid for our food and clothing.

Blondie

• midwest
    midwest

where can i get a copy of the book all scriptures inspired

• blondie
    blondie

midwest, try www.alibris.com or www.ebay.com.

Blondie

(in fact I checked and alibris has one for $2.95)

• shera
    shera

*hugs* Blondie.

Who taught the JW's the name Jehovah?

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Shera. Actually, Jehovah was used by Christian religions for years. The WTS didn't start using it until 1931 when it wanted to put distance between them and the Bible Students that left the WTS. The WTS didn't want to be known as Bible Students any more (and they became students of Rutherford's books instead).

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I said, "Based on your line of thinking, you were wrong to leave the Catholic Church"...... She gave me that deer in the headlights look and I kissed her goodbye and told her to enjoy the rest of her dinner.

Oops!

• minimus
    minimus

Actually CTR used the name Jehovah, well before JFR.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Your point with your mum was a very good one.

As far as being loyal to the WTS go's.. The Bible tells us " you recevied freely you give freely..", regarding this point the WTS allways refers to giving of money, and pushs the fact that the WTS doesn't pass plates around their meetings. But what the WTS does expect is that since they taught us some basic truths, then they should expect from us Complete, Undivided and Unquestioned Loyality. This go's against giving freely, it also makes lots of room for telling lots of lies once some truths have being passed on.

As I am typing this I do not have a bible with me, but there is an account of Paul preaching to some people and then they looked it up in the stricptures themselves and they said "we don't need you any longer because we can read it for ourselves now" and Paul commended them for that, not condem them.

• blondie
    blondie
    Actually CTR used the name Jehovah, well before JFR.

That's true, min. When I was reading through the Studies in Scriptures, I noticed that while Jehovah is used it is not on every page and certainly not pushed like it is in Rutherford's books. I even kept a tally (anal-retentive that I am) but it is at home. CTR wanted to be known as a Bible student, I guess. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit