JWs - Followers of Men - 100% Proof

by BourneIdentity 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

For those that are convinced they are not following man, but Jehovah, this example is 100% proof they follow men. If they twist this to say they don't follow man, well, there is no hope for them.

The Bible is very clear to honor your father and mother, it was and is so important, it's listed as one of the 10 Commandments. When that parent leaves the truth, either due to disassociation or being disfellowshipped, the child shuns them for life. How is giving your father or mother the silent treatment for the rest of their life showing them honor? It's impossible, and if some JW can reason they are, there isn't any hope for them. As I said, the Bible is very clear that Jehovah wants you to honor your parents. So who will you listen to, Jehovah and his Word, or man?

I recall a monthly broadcast not too long ago by Brother Lett. I think he was saying we need to be totally obedient to the Slave, then he added, unless it was in violation of the Scriptures. I can't think of a better example where we would not be obedient to the Slave.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

And what if a parent sexually abuses the child and gets disfellowshipped? Would you still want the child to honor that parent?

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Drearyweather,

Of course not, but that is up to the child to decide, not man to force it. We are all accountable to Jehovah for our actions, so whether we decide to follow something in the Bible or not based on what’s happened is between us and him, not man to oppress and force it.

What about the elders that molest children, are all the members supposed to keep showing them honor, or even double honor as they suggest?

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Drearyweather,

Your example is as extreme as it can get as well. Most leave because they see it’s all bullshit, not a reason for a child to shun them for life.

The only scriptures that support any type of silent treatment would be an active unrepentant sinner or someone not believing Jesus was the Christ. Saying this man made Organization is not the truth is neither one of those, so it’s very unscriptural.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Bourneldentity...excellent point & opening post!

All it takes is a little common sense to know that this is a culty-man-made organization or in other words...a counterfeit...a fraud!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I always felt this sense of unreality when I would sit at a circuit assembly and some Elder would get up there on the platform and start talking about how they don't listen to men, as they listen to men telling them they don't listen to men.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Brother Lett. I think he was saying we need to be totally obedient to the Slave, then he added, unless it was in violation of the Scriptures

What video was that in, I'd love to find it?

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity
    What I'm getting at is the Governing Body needs to obtain some "New Light", so they aren't in violation of the Scriptures. This isn't some request to make something easier to live by for members, this is something that needs to be done to be in compliance with Jehovah, the Bible and the truth.

It concerns me very much that the majority of JWs are 100% loyal to the Slave when just an example like this shows they put their own agenda above Jehovah's. And it's very concerning when they have been saying in talks and broadcasts that everyone needs to completely trust them, even if it makes zero sense from a human standpoint. What do they have in the works? They are prepping everyone for some crazy things to come from their mouths. I know some have thought another Jonestown is coming, but I don't think they are that crazy. I'm guessing they could plan on fleecing the flock out of more money.

Neat blue dog,

i will post the link to Brother Lett saying that as soon as I find it, stay tuned.
  • BourneIdentity
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Thanks Bourne! 👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit