Kleenex Head Covering

by jwundubbed 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I don't see what's funny about it either. Personally I went through hell in that religion because of the sexism. The insecure men in that religion love to beat on an intelligent woman. Apart from the way I felt because I was treated like a piece of dirt I also knew deep in my heart that men and women are equal so it struck me as such an injustice.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I had an angry sister walk away and come back with a head covering so she could yell abuse at the two Elders who came to council her...just plain wierd! At least she was showing submission....ha.

• Moster
    Moster

jwundubbed

"Women didn't do that when a man was present because the man could take the lead. They did it in front of each other and in front of children or teenagers. They didn't do it in front of anyone with any real power."

Same in our congregation - head coverings when meeting to go in service if there was no baptized male present. If there was (even a teenager) he took the lead.

Degrading. I, as a strong willed, loud mouthed woman never got along well. By 16 I was gone, from home and from the religion. Still a lot of anxiety and hurt from growing up a JW. Nothing like being told you cant do this or say that because you are not a man, and men are in charge.

Good luck keeping this woman down!!!!!

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

I remember one sister who put a diaper on top of her head to conduct the meeting for field service. A regular diaper....not a cloth one. How is that in any way showing respect for the headship arrangement, much less for yourself? We all thought that she looked like a complete fool! But she thought that she was obeying the arrangement.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Bycnl: I remember one sister who put a diaper on top of her head to conduct the meeting for field service

That is really and truly awful.

However, I find solace in creating a mental image of all the JW men I know, and have known, with a diaper on their heads.

Role reversal. Now, when I have flashbacks/memories of the horrible encounters I had as a young girl growing up inside the Kingdom Hell, I will be sure to slap a diaper on those pompous a-holes' heads.

Ah yes, there you are, Brother ****, telling me what to do, wearing a diaper on your head. Not so powerful now, are you, huh?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I remember one sister who put a diaper on top of her head to conduct the meeting for field service. A regular diaper....not a cloth one
    That is really and truly awful.

Well, that's even worse than the slipper, but let's just hope it wasn't a used one, like since the sisters are always in subjection and she just changed her baby's wet diaper and a brother was in the room or whatever and all she had to grab was the wet diaper, I don't even want to think about the only thing left to cover the head with would be a muddy diaper

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember one sister who put a diaper on top of her head to conduct the meeting for field service.

I did too!!!! In retrospect I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Sometimes a bit of childlike humor helps to put the society's ludicrous teachings into perspective. With apologies to Charles Monroe Schulz and his Peanuts characters, here goes.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

A JW friend of mine (a woman in her fifties) chuckled as she told me about the time her mother resorted to using a diaper as a head covering. I couldn't believe she thought anything about that situation was funny.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Yeah, I've seen diapers used as head coverings too. No, never the dirty ones. Surely there is a kleenex (new or used) if there is a diaper bag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit