'Unscriptural Divorce,' & Remarriage?

by Rabbit 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I'm still on this journey...give me a hand?

(sorry, this is the closest thing to a handshake icon I could choose from).

This is a great place for people giving you a hand. If they've misread you, they'll let you know. Funny I didn't read it the same way, but then again I am a little "different" in that I've never been a dub, so I don't bring the same experiences. However, I have been on the board a while and know that this is a great place for healing with a lot of wonderful people. Give them a chance, I know you'll like it here.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

one more thing: Up at the top of the page is a "Search" function (in blue)... check that out to find previous topics of interest...

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Try to preserve my family and relative ties, so I don't think it's a good idea to

throw this in their faces and challenge the Elders to take action.

Rabbit,

I totally agree with you and I think you should trust yourself on this.

A number of people get caught up in wanting to thumb their noses at the JWs for their cultic attitudes and disassociate or get disfellowshipped without counting the future cost. They don't consider it will make it more difficult for them to have a relationship with their children or have the ability to influence their children with a Watchtower label of disfellowshipped or disassociated on themselves. What about relatives that are still in the JWs? You have a chance to subtly influence them more easily without the DA or DF label. Stick to your guns. You're doing the wise thing.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thank you everyone...especially 'megadude', 'czar'. 'meg' and others about being willing to 'give me a hand'. I need this badly. Seeing people's concern for me, after going thru similar experiences...brought a few tears to my eyes, I'll admit.

My wife is hurt and mystified by all this...I'm trying to help her, too.

Hey, I'm not alone in this anymore -- not with people who've been there -- or just understand somehow!

Thank you all, Lee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit