JW TV is the reason for the hysteria in the KH

by campaign of hate 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

UFCFan - "I get forced to watch it and have to pretend to like it..."

Sounds like North Korea.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It's all New to them! Like a new toy. Jehovah is really speeding up the work! How many times do we hear this?

It will loose it's newness soon. Just like the new Bible (Silver Sword) and the International Conventions...they will get over it.

I think they are trying to strain out the Fence Sitters and Faders. They are in the midst of building their new Headquarters and I hope they realize that with the Fence sitters and Faders goes the $$$$$$.

Once the new Headquarters is complete they will Hunker Down and have that facility so secure Jesus couldn't get in.   

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I think they are trying to strain out the Fence Sitters and Faders. They are in the midst of building their new Headquarters and I hope they realize that with the Fence sitters and Faders goes the $$$$$$.

You may well be right about them using it to out fence-sitters and faders.  I guess time will tell.  Since it's 'optional' to watch the online stuff, those who aren't buying it anymore won't watch and it will be a little conspicuous from time to time allowing them to be identified more easily.  I can also see them making it a regular feature of the meetings, though.  The opportunity for increased indoctrination straight from the top (as well as fulfilling the GB's apparent need for the spotlight) will probably win out over picking out the ones that are only going to leave anyway.

I disagree, though, on the money.  The fence-sitters and faders (faders especially) probably donate very little if anything at all.  I tapered off donating at the KH probably 8 years ago, and stopped donating at conventions 3 years before I woke up to TTATT.  If anything, the faders are costing them money, because if not for them taking up extra seats and not paying, they could consolidate KHs and sell some off, keeping the cash.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

One Eyed Joe makes a good point.  I stopped contributing when I began to wake up.  Funny, a family member came to visit and saw a letter from an international charity sitting on my dining room table.  He said, "Oh, looks like they're asking you for money?"  I said, "No, its probably a thank you card for what we gave them."  He was flabbergasted!

"I hope you are still contributing to the Society.  Their work is the ONLY true charity."

I said, "Tell that to someone who has cancer."

• steve2
    steve2

Fence sitters and faders cost the organization, or to put it more correctly, seldom donate money and time anyway.

From the organization's perspective, if you ain't giving, you're a liability.

The only difference I see emerging is the organization is less discreet than it has been in the past about its insatiable need for money, money, money.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    omg!  ttattelder, they turn the lights out? sounds like some sci fi  movie i saw in the 70's 
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "Fence sitters and faders cost the organization, or to put it more correctly, seldom donate money and time anyway."

All the more reason for the WTS to wanna get rid of 'em, as far as I'm concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit