Oh that wonnerful land called Texas & it's curiosities ...

by Celtic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Oh my giddy aunt.

I just saw this program on tv called Texas Teenage Virgins.

As I understand it, President Bush (cantankerous old sod), is now forthright encouraging people there and young folks to take a pledge of virginity until marriage, am I right, that it is even a by law? By gum, those poor sods that don't want to go along with the policy, tell me, are they made to feel like outcasts and socially excluded if they do not conform?

Sex before marriage. I thought I did quite good. Since i did not even know what a lady looked like down there until the ripe old age of 24. Then along comes me ex bitch, (what a darling), and before you know it, 18 times in three weeks and a subsequent visit to the elders, who lavished up every detail, how enjoyable it was to relinquish the facts in every gory detail. The ice cream and wine, hmmmmmm, stop right there Mark, and especially stop reading here, if you live in Texas and have taken your chastity pledge.

What's Texas really, really like? Is it Bible Bashing at it's best or worse, or do we here in the more developed world have the wrong impression of this backward American state? Hmmmm? Come on Valis, nibble the bait, pray do.

Which would be your worst State to visit and why?

Celty (only feeling slightly mischivious)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I saw that on Channel Four, too, Mark.

He likened those who lost their "virtue" to used toothbrushes.

• Don't know where it's been
    • Don't know what it''s been used for
    • Don't know who's had it

Things that make ya go hmmmmm

• Mulan
    Mulan
  • Don't know where it's been
  • Don't know what it''s been used for
  • Don't know who's had it
  • Now, that's funny. And thought provoking. I remember a talk at an assembly about a dirty hand towel, and he was speaking to the girls. I wonder why it doesn't apply to the boys too??

• Xena
    Xena

Well being of the sinner class I am probably not qualified to answer this question...or even be on this thread....

lol I don't remember any virgin laws though....

Texas is the BEST State to live in....everyone knows that

• Mulan
    Mulan

Isn't it its own country???

• Gadget
    Gadget
    He likened those who lost their "virtue" to used toothbrushes.

so what exactly did they do with they're tooth brushes?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mulan:It was a mixed group, and applied to both genders.

Apparently there's some kind of "purity drive" going on there, complete with bands for the wedding finger.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bush makes the taliban proud.

SS

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    so what exactly did they do with they're tooth brushes?

Well, I use old toothbrushes to get poop out of the bottom of the kids' shoes . . . .

Honestly, without getting political, I think Dubya is living in a fool's paradise about this here virginity thang. Did he happen to mention whether or not his darlin' daughters were keeping a vow of chastity? Probably about as well as they avoid beer . . . . but that's another story.

I've lived in Texas for 30 years now, longer than I've lived anywhere, and it is home. My children were born here, I eat chicken fried steak with cream gravy (took me 10 years before I'd try that one, though) on occasion, and I loyally support the Cowboys. I do NOT own a cowboy hat or Western boots. I know how to ride a horse, but it's been a while. I know what a blue northern is and how to dress for the occasion (wear short sleeves to work but take your heavy winter coat because the temperature is going to drop 40 degrees in an hour or two). I know what calf fries are and avoid them. I like SOME country music.

Nina

• bisous
    bisous

my worst state would probably be M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I (although it was fun learning how to memorize the spelling in grade school)...

because to me it represents the worst of the worst in terms of racism, hatred, intolerance, and other things that if I mentioned them some of the other members here would jump all over me for.......so I'll leave it at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit