Is Bait and switch the tactic used to recruit converts into the org?

by fearnotruth22 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

That was beautifully written, Sentinel! I see my mom-in-law in her JW bubble and she's perfectly happy there in her fantasy world. She has alienated her children and then frets why "they do not seem to care about me like my sisters and brothers do". She is the classic "smile in your face and rip up your heathen worldly butt behind your back" JW. Her children have heard over and over how they are "a constant source of disappointment" in her life because they all left the WT. A cousin of hers (also a JW) has 2 "pioneering" children and that vile woman is constantly bragging how none of her children have ever strayed from "the truth". She also makes a point to mention how my mom-in-law's children were never really "one of them". Totally nauseating! Boy, when a bunch of her so called sisters and brothers get together, all they do is poke fun and sneer at other religions and the non-believers while laughing and whooping it up! I have never seen such ugly behaviour in religious people before. Not even my brother (a moonie) will ridicule other religions like this group of JWs do. They seem very gleeful thinking that all the non-believers will die soon. This includes her children, grandchildren and great grandchild. Any wonder as to why we have trouble caring about her feelings?! We still take care of her though! Shop, cook, clean! Worldly people are good for something!

astro-girl

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

gopher;

you said a mouthful. failed expectations, unfulfilled hopes.but line up to direction hook lyne sinker

• cypher50
    cypher50
    We're not here to convert you, we just want to talk about the bible.

Right there is the best answer to this question. For an organization that styles meetings among millions of converts and gears one meeting specifically around how to best conduct studies to convert people, that quote shows how used to lying the organization is.

• ZeroKool29
    ZeroKool29
    I know that there are imperfect people in every religion and the JW's can hide behind that justification all day, but when it comes down to it, they preach door to door about the virtues of what they teach over everyone else. They teach that God is perfect, they believe they are doing God's will and they present it with such overwhelming confidence in their rightness that, yes, they believe the religion, if not the people, is perfect. ANd I'm sorry, but we all know that's not the case. Any religion that has a system in place that would allow pedophiles to operate without fear of punishment, is far from perfect. And I have no particular axe to grind for these abused children, I hate that this is something that happens, it is terrible and despicable. I guess what I am saying is that I am much less interested in destroying JW's than in debunking them. I am comfortable in the idea of letting JW's practice what they choose, it's a free country. But, I think those who are interested in this religion should be aware of what goes on and that, in the end, there really is nothing that is radically different about JW's than any other religion out there. Not much can be done, at this time, for those of us who were raised in this organization but that they hopefully will come to a new way of thinking that is less constricting, and thereby begin to heal themselves. But, what would it be worth to each of us that experienced that to keep it from happening to another child? Perhaps one of ours? Or of someone we know? Or another family member? I admire what the silent_lambs website and others like them do, but it seems that something a bit more fundamental should take place. JW'S NEED TO BE EXPOSED AS NOTHING MORE THAN ANOTHER INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE, ANOTHER WAY OF WORSHIPPING, JUST ANOTHER RELIGION, NOTHING MORE. THAT is how you truly make a difference, and every one of us that walked through most of our lives looking down on other religions with their "worldly people" know that for a fact.

This is something I wrote in another link on a different subject but it fits, I think.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Someone once gave me this article...the BAIT-and-SWITCH Method of DRGs (dangerous religious groups)

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q1101.html

SWITCH 1: From Christ to Another

SWITCH 2: From the Word of God to the Word of Men

SWITCH 3: From Leadership to Tyranny

SWITCH 4: From Faith to Presumption

SWITCH 5: From Separation to Isolation

SWITCH 6: From Salvation to False Trust

Example: Switch #1. The deception of the group is that they want to be known as just another Christian denomination. They use the same terminology up front. Slowly the focus shifts to the "founders" and less & less on Jesus or the bible. You don't even realize what has happened or when.

will

• Flash
    Flash

Interesting way of putting it, 'bait and switch.'
    I know this much, intellectual honesty is not one of the GB's strong points. All the 'busy' work was an insult in a sad effort to save us from ourselves! I'm convinced the GB views all of us as just a bunch of ignorant and simple sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit