question

by alison 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell

Simply tell them to go away - they're your servants - they have been your eye - get rid of it, use your other - you don't need to sign for it

The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You have already received a lot of good advice.

Here is the answer to a sacred secret: you are in charge of selecting who will control your life!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You DA'ed, already. You don't owe them anything.
    Tell them to p*ss off, and let you get on with your life.

They don't need anything signing, assuming they have two witnesses to your DA, or a letter.
    They are control freaks.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Just one more of their assumed role of power over the rank and file, unwashed masses. You are a statistic to them, chattel to be herded and corraled. Sometimes I wonder if the Mullas took a leaf from Russell et al.

carmel

• Meg
    Meg

Wow, I have heard of people writing letters in order to disassociate themselves but I have never heard of any being tracked down to sign some papers! I personally wouldn't sign anything.

P.S. - Welcome!!

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Welcome to the forum, next time they call...just tell them that on the advice of your lawyer you're not signing anything...and that you are putting them on notice not to call anymore...that your lawyer is listening on the other line and is a witness to that fact.
    Yes, that is good advice.

I agree that is a great comment as well.

I wouldn't do anything to make it easier for them. You chose to leave the religion. You don't have to play by their rules any more.

Isn't there something you can do on your phone when someone calls that tells the phone company you are being harassed? and the third time from the same number the police contact them? There used to be..

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi Alison,

I believe it became a business when Rutherford took over. But it was never truth, even before that.

But about them wanting a signed statement, that's what they wanted from me years ago, when I told them during a conference call "Committee Meeting" over the phone that I "just don't want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses anymore. And I just want to be left alone." The one heading up the committee nicely asked if I would put that in writing for them, and I gently said, no, I won't." And that was it. They couldn't announce that I had disassociated myself, so they announced that I was disfellowshipped.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Alison

Is it just me or are there lots of new people within the last few days joining this forum???

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Alison !!! I think the advice that has been given is good. They have NO power unless you give it them.If any other sales man knocked at your door to sign anything .would you? that is all they are salesmen... Welcome to the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit