question

by alison 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• alison
    alison

I recently dissociated myself and the elders keep calling me trying to speak and I don't want to hear it then he leaves me a message saying I have to sign a paper saying I'm dissociating myself since when did it become more of a business than a spiritual manner. I'm not signing any papers. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do about it?

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Alison..

Interesting... I'm not sure of the answer ...but just wait a bit.. I'm sure you will hear from many more..

ANd also

WELCOME to the FORUM...

sincerely

Special K ( of the Disfellowshipped Class)

• aunthill
    aunthill

Welcome to the board, Alison.

I'm not sure of the answer to this one, but others have threatened the "brothers" with restraining orders if they don't leave them alone.

Blondie?

Good luck.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Alison, my sis has just da'd herself and was never asked to sign anything. i think they just want a chance to 'bring you back into the fold' or else just get the juicy details of what you've been up to leading to your DA. Don't give them the satisfaction

• aunthill
    aunthill

You can also take a look at "Hi all and advice please" from atlantic, posted earlier today.

Aunthill

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your response to elder harrassment is spot-on. Nobody can force you to do something you don't want to do. Do you have caller ID?

• toreador
    toreador

I think if possible the elders want stuff in writing but they are instructed to never put anything in writing about you.

• toreador
    toreador

I mean as far as their summons of you to a judicial committee.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hello Alison and welcome. Hope to hear more from you.

Devon

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, alison. Welcome to the forum. More importantly, welcome to Freedom! Welcome to sleeping late on Saturday, birthdays, Christmas, expressing yourself freely, friends who like you and whom you like and appreciate for just who they are, real vacations instead of assemblies and worlds of other delights!

You don't have to put anything in writing if you don't so choose. If you continue to be harassed, go to your local courthouse and find out the process for getting a restraining order. If you don't know what a restraining order does for you, here's a brief explanation. The individual against whom the order is placed will not be allowed within a certain number of feet, yards or whatever of your residence, place of employment, etc., will not be allowed to contact you by telephone or any other way. If the person or persons violate(s) the restraining order, he is subject to prosecution.

Tell them if they want a letter that they can write you a letter telling you what they say you said, but it won't mean a thing. Best wishes,

Mum/SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit