Jeb Bush would kill a baby !

by Simon 32 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

In related news: "Jeb Bush, would you sleep with your mom if it cured cancer?"

headline: "Jeb Bush admits: 'I am a motherfucker'"

yah... really classy journalism.

• Simon
    Simon

It seems to be the new tactic to knock the media for the candidates inability to answer simple questions rationally.

I think the media are getting a bad rap when they are only doing what they are supposed to do - apply a little pressure or throw a few curve-balls at the candidates to see what happens.

It doesn't matter what the question is, a good candidate for the highest political office should be able to discern and answer it well.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: He had three options:

1) duck the question

2) say he would kill a baby

3) say he would allow the holocaust

All three options are bad & none of them give us any insight in his politics, morals or anything relevant. If this is not an example of a stupid question I can't say what is.

Why is this anymore relevant than:

Jeb Bush, have you stopped beating your wife?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Wait, have you seen a recent picture of his mother? Are we talking young motherF#%@! or old motherF@#!!#%?

• Simon
    Simon
    He had three options:

No, that is Bush level over-simplicity. Saying you wouldn't kill a baby is not the same as allowing the holocaust.

A better answer would be "It's a silly question because we can't travel back in time, but I don't think we'd ever want to be killing babies based on what they might do wrong in future. WWII was the result of lots of other socio-economic factors than just Hitler being born - if we wanted to stop WWII we should have brokered a better peace after WWI"

Y'know, something more "presidential" than "hell yeah, I'll kill a baby!"

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jeb Bush says "hell yeah, I'd kill a baby". It shows him for what he is - either a twat or a nasty person. He's related to Dubya, so it doesn't surprise me.

And let's put it into some sort of perspective: I'm sure Jeb Bush isn't only one. If hard-left British people were asked a similar question about Thatcher, some would probably say "hell yeah". Possibly no self-respecting Arab leader would decline the opportunity to strangle Netenyahu at birth. It's not nice but then politics isn't always nice.

Of course, Jeb Bush should have given a much better answer. If I was American I wouldn't vote for him. Seems like a twat to me ...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well with respect Simon, how would you answer, when put on the spot. " should we abort a baby, that will otherwise be born healthy ?"

answer:-

next question:-

( on the spot answer) " A father and mother both conceived a presumed healthy to be baby, does the mother have the right to abort if you the father don't want the presumed healthy to be baby aborted?"

answer:-

The Rebel.

• Simon
    Simon

My answer, typed right after reading your question:

I think we should spend more time on education and preventative birth control rather than "wishful thinking" and chastity promises or abortion as an after-the-fact birth control so those choices don't come up. I would also be opposed to late-term abortion.

But I absolutely support the right of a woman to chose, especially in cases of rape or incest.

Remember, vote for me 'cause you vote counts !!

A politician should be able to come up with a good answer and know that the words "hell yeah, I'd kill the baby" are liable to cause his rationality and judgement to be questioned. if nothing else he should know to say "hmmn, I'd have to think about that one - there are a lot of interesting ethical nuances to consider".

Do we need another "hell yeah" cowboy president? His brother was a total disaster.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Appreciate the spontaneous response.

You reply " I absolutely support the right of women to chose...."

Personally I don't think that's a good politicians answer, and I would question the politicians "rationality" to that answer.

The Rebel.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    ...inability to answer simple questions rationally.

It's an irrational and dumb question to begin with.

And Jeb Bush is an idiot for even dignifying it with an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit