After 12 yrs..contacted my old ex-witness pal!!!

by Huxley 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jade
    Jade

(((Huxley))) I'm very glad you reunited with your friend. When I made my decision to leave, the first person I called was my best friend who I had shunned for several years. I was so scared she would tell me to go to hell, but I told her how sorry I was, didn't excuse my behavior, and said that I hoped that we could be friends again. To my relief she was very forgiving and we have stayed in close contact since. In fact when she remarried, I was in her wedding and I will never let that friendship slip away again.

• Huxley
    Huxley

That's great Jade! I guess these "worldly" people are more forgiving than we once thought!

Huxley

...off to eat brunch with some tax collectors!

• medstudent
    medstudent

Hey all of you, congrats with the newfound friendships!

I'm so happy to hear that there are some sensible people in the world!

My best friend ditched me when she found out i was doing some 'bad stuff' even before if was dfd. and i have the feeling that she actually transferred that information to the elders and she was one of the reasons that i was dfd. Well i'm actually grateful otherwise it would have take maybe years before i actually left. We were in high school together and look at her: still living at home and she is spending all her time at the religion and is working as well for like 3 bucks an hour, and look at me: med student with a great career, true friends and im in a fraternity and all fun stuff. Still i hope that she will one day recognise the hypocracy and will decide to leave them as well. If i still believed in a god i would pray for her.

medstudent

• Huxley
    Huxley

Good for you medstudent! You are probably way better off leaving, and it sounds like you know where you are headed.

Welcome to the board!

Huxley

• toreador
    toreador

Most of the people I know are still in except for one and we did get a chance to meet and talk and have since reunited our old friendships once again. We had a lot of cool stories to talk about and reminisce about old times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit