This Generation Has Passed Away

by Big Tex 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well put!!

LOL! Thanks for the walk down memory lane......

• skiz
    skiz
    The Society has always said a prophecy is best understood after it is fulfilled in part
    The error has been with those who put too much weight on the writings of the Faithful and Discreet Slave channel that Jehovah is using as his only channel to communicate with all the people on earth today.

Isn't it time for an 'only channel' that actually has something of substance to communicate ?

If you're always using hindsight and spreading your 'light' to rewrite application AFTER each prophecy is fulfilled, why are you needed ?

I can sit around and make guesses and then change to reality AFTER the fact, why do I need a self appointed Faithful and Discreet Slave ?

David
    PS Do you think that your words have more weight when you use a bigger letter size than everybody else ?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

There is still some that buy the BS. I know my ex brother in law is still living year to year as if this will be his last. He was heard saying the other day he figured that this system won't last another year. I have known him now for almost 40 years and he has said that every year. I guess he figures it will come true one year.

Will

• garybuss
    garybuss
    David
    PS Do you think that your words have more weight when you use a bigger letter size than everybody else ?

Who is David and why is he using big print?

• Faraon
    Faraon

David,

I don't think Gary understood the message was from you to him. I don't think that he knows this was meant to him.

I think that his writing in large letters could be due to two reasons:

1. He wears a high prescription or bifocals. Note the following

The Slave has always admitted they are fallible and they have never denied that their past writings have contained error except they don't really like to call the error , , , error.

I think he meant to write periods instead of commas. They are confusing when you have problems seeing. I know. It happens to me sometimes.

2. He writes in a word processor, but does not change the font to # 10 before cutting and pasting to the site.

Gary,

David

Who is David and why is he using big print?

David is Skiz. David is his real name and Skiz his pseudonym. PS means "Post Script". Basically it means that he is writing something after the signature.

Faraon

• Special K
    Special K

Yeah, Big Tex.

I remember having that pounded into my head to..

"This generation will by no means pass away.....blah,blah,blah...

Makes me angry...because I really believed them..

Maybe that is why I get so upset when someone lies to me...It's like some deep emotional wound has been sliced into me when someone lies to me..

sincerely

Special K

• JH
    JH

And when 2014 and 2034 passes away, they will say that maybe 607BC was wrong and that maybe 587BC was right afterall. So 587BC + 7 prophetic times brings us to 1934 and to that we add a generation of 120 years maximum. So all that added together will bring us to the year 2054.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't know my fonts were large. Are they a bother to readers? I use IE and I have selected the option under tools and accessibility to ignore font sized specified by web pages. Then under view, I have selected text size "larger". That makes all print the same size and large. I can't read the small print that the page calls for on my laptop with the settings I use but I can read everything fine with large print. I got into the habit of pasting posts in 14 points. Is it too large? What should it be?

I don't want to upset anybody with my font size. I will post this in 12 point. Is this better? Sorry for bringing this dead cat to the generation thread.

And I can't beleive anybody took my circles above seriously:-) Hahahaha My writing must be getting better in my old age. GaryB

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Don't worry Gary.

It's all good.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Tex, I have enjoyed the thread topic. It's always on my favorites list. It's good to bring it up. It has been the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation's largest error in my life. Larger than the 1975 issue that I was a part of.

On the font thing, Everybody's font is great with me because I set my browser for the font size I want so they are all the same.

I enjoy the forum and I appreciate all the people posting. Seems like I learn something new every day. GaryB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit