Hello, i'm new around here

by medstudent 19 Replies latest jw friends

• medstudent
    medstudent

Dear all,

I am new here and not quite sure how to use this forum, but i guess ill learn in time. It's funny really, i've browsed through this site before when i was still a JW and honestly thought that have you people are nuts, but hey now i'm an ex-JW as well.....and can think clearly for the first time in years.

What can I tell about myself? Well i'm a medstudent, 21 yrs old and am enjoying life really. I was a 4th generation JW, and grew up in this compelling religion. I'm glad to be out. I joined a sorority last year and wow JW's really don't like it if you have a life beside the religion! Well then they found out that my boyfriend is not JW and they pretty much drew their own conclusions and df'd me. Luckily my family treat me the same as they always did: with love and care. They still believe that i'll return someday, that someday i'll understand that the 'wild life' is nothing compared to a religious life. But for now they've accepted my choices.

So hmm why did i join when i'm so happy? Somehow i find myself a little alienated from the normal world, don't know what to do in circumstances that are so normal for others, e.g. dating and birthdays. I also find it very difficult for some reason that my mother-in-law is so reasonable about sex between me and him. She doesn't even mind that we sleep in her bed when she is on a holiday. My friends say it is all normal, but if i compare it to my parents who find it hard to even like him....it is such a different world!

Anyway i'm really happy with everything but still adapting to this world, still need to learn how to enjoy the good life!

I hope to find some answers on this site, and have enjoyed reading personal stories.

medstudent

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board. You won't feel alone or alienated here.

cj

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hiya medstudent! I understand very well. I'm a fourth generation dub as well. My parents treat me well. My dad still believes I will come back one day. There is a sense of weirdness when you enter a non dub existence. It was hard for me to celebrate holidays or birthdays at first. With time I've learned. Thanks for joining the site. I'm glad you're here.

~Aztec

• xjw_b12
  • shamus
    shamus

Welcome!

So you're a med student, eh?

What is the difference between a protein and an ammino acid? Just curious...

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We are always glad to see new people here. Pull up a chair and sit for awhile. I also come from a family that goes all the way back to Russell. The difference with mine is that my family has nothing whatsoever to do with me or my children. Hey works for me since I want my girls raised to believe that they can accomplish anything that they want to regardless of thier gender. Glad to have you.

Leslie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Somehow i find myself a little alienated from the normal world, don't know what to do in circumstances that are so normal for others, e.g. dating and birthdays.

We can all relate to that, medstudent!!! In case you didn't notice, over Christmas there were a couple of threads started about how to decorate a tree, because many of us had never done it before. Welcome to the board!!! We're glad to have you and look forward to getting to know you better.

Nina

• waiting
    waiting

ooooooooooooooo, students are all the same.

when i was still a JW and honestly thought that have you people are nuts, but hey now i'm an ex-JW as well.

so are young people.

humph. we ARE nuts. But we're free nuts now - that counts for something, eh?

Welcome to our forum - and congratulations for continuing your education - a major accomplishment!

I was a jw for 30 yrs - so all this holiday stuff is fun.....but also confusing. It's worse for my husband, who was born a jw - he just has no frame of reference to fall back to (I was brought up Irish Catholic.)

But we're still free to think, read, speak, handle our own time, handle our relationship with/without God in our own way.

Welcome to the xjw ranks - we are an ever-growing army.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Welcome to the 'nutcracker' crowd.

Guest 77

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the Unconditional love site .... We are still nuts!!! but havent you read in your healthy eating journal Nuts a very good for you (((HUG))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit