How many here were long time "pioneers" until you woke up?

by seeitallclearlynow 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was a publisher (42 years), regular auxiliary pioneer (3 of those) , and then a regular pioneer (3 of those) and an elder's wife (25 years), until I woke up. Hubby woke up first.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It sounds like she is keeping herself busy so she doesn't have to think about or feel something.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sadly, I never had the "pleasure" of serving as a regular pioneer. But I did aux pioneer at least a dozen times.

• Deleted
    Deleted

My wife auxilliary pioneered 1989/90 and full-time pioneered 1990/92. I auxilliaried several months during those years, as well as a servant from 1990/94. We faded, got disillusioned, deleted, until we finally woke up in 1999.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Over a period of 10 years I was a regular pioneer, special pioneer, Bethel member and special pioneer again until I was disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Btw, I agree with James Thomas: some people can be pretty happy with such a life, and as long as they enjoy it, I wouldn't try to make them change.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How many here were long time "pioneers" until you woke up? Been there, done that!

Curiously now I meet up with people who do "pioneer hours" yet don't report them! They just do it for what's in their hearts. How much better!

• amac
    amac
    Curiously now I meet up with people who do "pioneer hours" yet don't report them! They just do it for what's in their hearts. How much better!

Interesting...I recently argued with a JW friend about the problems with titles like "Pioneer." He (who has never probably done more than 20 hours in a month) thinks that it is a good motivation to sign up as a pioneer and it helps you reach your goal. I agreed with him but told him the only way it helps you reach your goal is because of the fear of man and trying to please those who know you are a pioneer. If you really want to do it for Jehovah you should be able to make a personal vow to him and just put the time in. He disagreed but would not give a reason why...hmmmm

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks again, James Thomas, and everyone - very helpful.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

From age l4-17----auxilary pioneered in summers

From age 17-35----regular pioneer (very loyal and serious)

From age 35-42----very good publisher and occasional auxilary pioneer

Age 43 YEAR OF RELEASE after reading CoC and ISOCF by Ray Franz

Wannaexit

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Well I grew up in the the truth. Auxiliary pioneered throughout high school and started regular pioneering when I was in the 12th grade. I stayed with that regimen for five long years while attending college full time. 1999 was a turning point for me when I decided that life was just not for me. Stayed in seclusion for four years after that, then got a burning desire to research my jw roots. It wasn't until a few months ago that I realized the wts teachings couldn't hold water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit