"Working" Interview, wish me luck!!!

by maybesbabies 18 Replies latest jw friends

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Woo-Hoo!! I have a "working" interview tomorrow for a really great, high-paying job!!! I'm so excited, just last week I was despairing that I hadn't recieved a single response to all the resumes I'd sent. The only problem is that I'm a smoker, and it's a smoke free workplace, so I have to hide my dirty little habit!!! Anyways, if anyone wants to wish me luck, say a prayer, send some good vibes, or whatever cosmic encouragement you are comfortable with, I would greatly appreciate it!!! I'm so nervous I could puke!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Good luck! Just be calm and act confident even if you don't feel that way. A good facade never hurts!

~Aztec

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Thanks Azzy!!! I'm so wound up I can't sit still!!!! I'm going to try Febreeze and breath mints for the smoking thing, hopefully I won't be found out!!!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Maybe: I wouldn't lie to them, you can say your tapering off or trying to quit but find that working in a smoke free enviroment no prob. We had that at the bank but many many smokers. I do know honesty is the best policy cause if they catch you in your fib your screwed later they will think "what else did she not tell us."

Best to you and just smile

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey Maybies, I wouldn't lie about smoking. Just because you work in a smoke free environment doesn't mean you can't smoke in your free time. Sheila had some good suggestions for what to say. I agree. Again, good luck!

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Good Luck Tamar - you're gonna do great!!!

If they even ask about the smoking thing, go 1/2 way and tell them that you ocassionally smoke when you're out at the bars socializing - but NEVER at work, and that you'll have no problems abiding by the smoke free workplace environment! That one seems to work for alot of people.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Best of luck maybes.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Thanks for the encouragement, all!!! I told them I smoked in the first interview, but they said I'd have to quit when I started there. I haven't been able to yet, but I'm going to try.

• missylissy
    missylissy

Good Luck!

-missy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I wish you the best of luck!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit