Thinking about moving to Cincinnati...

by DanTheMan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My employers' intranet website recently posted for a position located in Cincinnati (which is about a 2 hour drive from Columbus, where I live).

The requirements/skills listed on the posting seemed right up my alley, so I submitted my app online. Today I get an email from the HR lady asking me when I can interview.

I'm so nervous about this! I've never lived far from home, and I'm very close with my family, to be honest they're all I've got, I don't have friends or a social circle to speak of. But this job seems like it would be a real opportunity, and the pay would be substantially better than what I make right now.

I think the change might do me some good, as Columbus is somewhat of an ugly, boring city, and I have a lot of painful history here that I'd like to leave behind. Plus, I think I need to ween myself from my family a bit and explore what life has to offer.

Just free-associating here, any comments are welcome.

• Jade
    Jade
    Go for it Dan.....change is good!!!!!!!!
  • think41self
    think41self

Listen to your inner voice Dan, growth always comes from change.

Tracy

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Hello, fellow Ohioan - I live in southeast Ohio. :)

2 hours isn't too bad. I think if you make the move, you'll still be able to visit home frequently. Best of luck with your choice and your interview!

SLM

• Been there
    Been there

I might be boring but you can always hang out with me! You know I'm alittle partial to the area.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Change is good. During the week I live about an hour from my parents but I go home every weekend. When I marry I know I won't see them very often and that's not easy. But it's life.

Go for it

• Aztec
    Aztec

Go for it Dan and good luck! You've already met a few people down there so it's not like you won't know anyone. Plus, Cinci is a cool city! It's very clean and there's a decent amount of stuff to do. Moving away from my family was a bit hard too but, I liked the privacy of having them over an hour away. Keep us up to date.

~Aztec

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for the positive encouragement y'all.

I'm really jazzed about this, I hope that it pans out. I'd have to sell my house after only having lived in it for 2 years, but that's life. The money I'd make over what I make now would make up for the loss in a relatively short period.

I think living so far from home would be the catalyst for change and growth that I really need.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Best of luck to you, Dan!!! Change is hard, but usually beneficial! Here's to much happiness for you if you go to Cinci...

• mpatrick
    mpatrick
    I don't have friends or a social circle to speak of

Yeah right!!! You have friends right here in Cincy that would love to have you around! Just think...Euchre parties all the time!!!

Do you really even have to think about it? You know we are always willing to extend our family! Come on down the weather is great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit