In need of your advice. November broadcasting 2017

by pleaseresearch 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So my mum asked me to watch the broadcast and to my astonishment I got through it without smashing my screen haha.

So I let her know what liars they are for saying they would never deliberately distort a quotation.

She is ok for me to give her some printouts of watchtower material where this has in fact happened, contry to what they say.

Where should I start and what would be your best link, or way to approach this. I think this is a good opportunity of waking her up, if she can see that the broadcast has lied to her, she won't be happy.

Any advice is you can give is so appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Here's a good place to start:

https://jws-and-the-truth.blogspot.com.au/p/creation-book-references_7.html?m=1

69 examples of where the Society did exactly what they claim they would not do: misquote or misrepresenting scientists to make it appear they support creationism.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I'm still laughing at the Gandhi quote explanation.

Useful if you have a copy of the 2011 Yearbook to hand

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/7cezit/november_broadcast_and_accuracy_of_research/

Then there's also:

Watchtower, November 1, 2011: "When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed?"

Footnote: None of the secular experts quoted in this article hold that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E.

There's a 607 infographic here:

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Love it guys, thank you. But this is my mum, I need to hit her hard. You know what I mean :) I love her really :)

But 69 examples and 607 is good to begin with.

• Jordandemm
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Wow Jordan thanks. That's like finding a treasure chest :)

• carla
    carla

thanks for the links!

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

Search the Watchtower CD for "Mantey" and you get 3 footnotes referring to Julius Mantey

a Greek language scholar they recognize. JW.ORG gives no hits.

Search google for "Mantey Watchtower". They misquote him and he sent angry letter.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I hope you have success.

My mum would just say "that was then, this is now. They had some trouble with ones at bethel some time ago and they had a clean up. This is Jehovah's organization and he knows what he is doing."

• steve2
    steve2

It is great that you mother has expressed preparedness for printouts of misquotes.

You'll have to make sure that the printout doesn't stray from misquotes.

Sometimes, in our eagerness to share what we know, we give the JW too much information and nothing goes "in" because they are overwhelmed. Prefer a little dose of relevant information - and depending on her reaction, then perhaps more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit