Wt says show principal love by shunning fellow humans.

by poopie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

December 2015 WT:

Manipulation. Some use the silent treatment as a means to get what they want. For example, imagine that a husband and wife plan a trip and the wife would like to take her parents along. The husband objects. “You’re married to me, not to your parents,” he says. He then gives his wife the silent treatment, shunning her in the hope that she will break down and concede to his wishes.

But when it is used as a means to retaliate or manipulate, the silent treatment not only prolongs conflict but also erodes the respect [people] have for each other. How can you prevent that from happening to you?

The first step to ending the silent treatment is to recognize it for what it is—a tactic that, at best, works only short-term. True, not talking may quench your thirst for retaliation or compel [the disfellowshipped person] to give in to your wishes. But is that really how you want to treat someone whom you have vowed to love? There are better ways to resolve conflicts.

The silent treatment runs counter to the Bible’s admonition: “Let each one of you individually so love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband.” (Ephesians 5:33) Why not make an agreement with your spouse that the silent treatment is unacceptable in your marriage?

(Isn't the congregation compared to a marriage in the Bible? If shunning is bad in a marriage, why is it good within families or between friends?)

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Sorry , wrong reference. Last one is from Asleep! June 2013.

Can't edit my post on Android.

• Heartsafire
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Great post sowhatnow.

The Watchtower leaders are utterly vile always banging this drum and perverting their adherents natural conscience and affection for family.

It's a sure sign it's an utterly false religion, more reprehensible than other religions in fact.

• carla
    carla
    Watchtowerfree, that would make a great sticker for wt's & awake's that are left around in public places!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If shunning was that loving, then why do JWs LIE about it?

EG. His holiness, watchtower rock star pope Geoff paedophile loving Jackson at the ARC.

..and this from the article in the news papers about 'mentally diseased apostates'(tm) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8791196/Police-inquiry-over-Jehovahs-Witness-magazine-mentally-diseased-article.html

But Rick Fenton, a church spokesman, defended the passages, saying ostracisation was "a personal matter for each individual to decide for himself".
    "Any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is free to express their feelings and to ask questions," he said. "If a person changes their mind about Bible-based teachings they once held dear, we recognise their right to leave."

The watchtower corporation teaches hatred and paranoia....never love..never ever real love.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

The height of evil is the following and yet at the time I was IN and didn't see it...

A family member who was df lost a child

As the parents were in good standing as in father was an elder a lot of jws went to child's funeral.

not one witness approached the mother to offer condolences etc...in fact they pointedly shunned and stared at the distraught mother...now who goes to funerals unless it's to comfort the bereaved? ?? Only sicko people

Is this just a one off...no when my step father died (an elder ) and the family were at the kh the family member who was also at the funeral was openly pointed out to anyone who wasn't aware they were df and advised to shun! At the funeral...she was so upset she left

Now I'm df I wonder if I will even be allowed at mums funeral as she has not spoke to me since I was df..and if I do go I will get the same treatment so what's the point....I'd only be distressing the rest of the family who are not in truth but not df

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    What would have happened if the 'prodigal son' had been a Jehovah's witness?
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

My wife and I both have aged parents that will soon be passing; we are dreading the funerals, as we have a disfellowshipped adult son.

So to the grief of a funeral, add anger over relatives refusing to speak to your son, and worrying over the effect.

The GB is a despicable bunch.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Pistoff - I feel for you. I get what you are saying. There are certain 'family' events that I'm dreading where I might have to rub shoulders with holier than thou, pious JWs. YUK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit