Interview With Jehovah!!!

by dh 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""You are totally free to feel how you want, but when you start bashing on others""

Others? You mean like God, or someone's God or faith?

This is a little hypocritical, don?t you think? Where do you draw the line? At God? At people? Again, it seems you need to take your own advice and "lighten up." Free speech is a two way street.

I only made an observation, based on his posts, that seem to carry a theme of discrediting God. If someone is going to continually God Bash, I will be there to point it out and give my views.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

OK ThiChi, obviously you and I are not going to see eye-to-eye, so rather than go rounds on this subject, lets just drop it. I don't know you as a person, so I could care less.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, I do care....As for who I am....I respect others Faith, being a person of Faith myself. At times, I do get into trouble for my blunt observations. Apologies if I offended anyone.

• Xandria
    Xandria

X> backs out of this thread.. slowly.

lol...really, it's been real.

X.

• dh
    dh

sorry for my delay in replying, i've been asleep.

considering his other posts he has a "God" problem

ahem... who me? god problem... what problem... people worship a psychotic maniac serial killer and i'm the one with issues. hmmm, let me just run through my head whether to respond in a politcally correct way or not... i'll try.

i am so sorry if i offended you, i'm glad that i did though! (i said i'd try) because it's brought out what you think of my other posts, i thought that was a pretty cheap line 'considering his other posts'... i wonder would you have said so if i hadn't posted this topic or would you have kept it inside and just secretly thought badly of me?

really i didn't post this to cause offence, it's something i remember reading a few years ago and i found it again, and shared, i found it amusing, yes a tad offensive, but so what, it's not all moonlight and roses, and i laughed... i suppose i'll burn in hell for that, oh well.

like i said, i am not really bothered that this post went down badly, i'm sorry it did, but my intentions were not to offend, what i am bothered about is that you dragged the other things i've said on this board into it, mostly from what i've seen, people have replied to the topics i've started and the subjects have at least interested a few people...

god bash

in three of my other posts i question god, yes. i don't curse at him mindlessly or name call or make a criticism WITHOUT foundation, every question i ask has a serious grounding.

Killer God & His Body Count (how many people did god kill in the bible) 13 posts
    Issue of Universal Sovereignty (why didn't god turn the other cheek) 18 posts
    ransom sacrifice, what a load of... (bullshit... where is the sacrifice in being dead for 3 days and brought back to live as king of the universe) 36 posts

BABES AGAINST BUSH (okay okay, i accept that this one goes against everything holy) but still 15 posts

no, i am not a god basher, i ask questions... you know if you believe in god (i don't even know if i do or not, i am really that confused) then surely he gave me the ability to question him, and if i didn't, well then i would be insulting him for giving me said intelligence and not using it, and when i think, i question, if you don't do that, well, you're blessed in a way i never was.

please people, read my other posts, am i bashing god or am i just questioning him? sure i might be tactless sometimes, a little course and yeah i lose the plot quite often, but when it comes to my issues with god, they are always based on something of substance, out of the bible, and they are usually in the form of a question, not god bashing, god questioning.

maybebabies, i think you are awesome for being realistic while i was asleep in a different time zone! x x x to you! 'and exjwelder, i'm glad you saw the amusing side, i mean c'mon, if you edit out the vulgarity there are some serious and inescapable undertones.

i don't even know if this one was mentioned in that interview, but i suppose this scripture is in your bibles too...

2 Kings 2:23-24

2:23
    And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

'tare forty and two children of them'... and i'm the offensive god basher?

dh'

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    maybebabies, i think you are awesome for being realistic while i was asleep in a different time zone! x x x to you!

Thanks, Dhamah!!! Hope you're well rested!!!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I must admit I didn't find this funny because I think it presents a believable portrait of the god of the Bible. That is my major problem with religion--the attempt to portray god as loving, wise, etc. I mean, if you behave the way you do because you can see what a horror god is and you are hoping to escape his notice or disfavor, that's one thing. I can respect that. But if you read the Bible, and read about all the killing and raping and scourges sent upon the earth by god and turn around and convince yourself that god is loving and cares for you as an individual and watches out for you as an individual . . . ., well, that is incomprehensible to me. You know, the Bible might be right. If it is, god must be pretty much as portrayed here. So, you know, why bother. And I understand that people find it offensive, but I really don't understand why. The portrayal is, after all, based on the Bible, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit