NEW WT ARTICLE ON SAYING THE WORD PAGAN?

by sandy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• observador
    observador

Let's not forget, though, that Sandy is only supposing - the way I hear it - that there is an article out there in which the WT says so and so.

It's funny when someone raise a mere possibility and the follow up comments speak of it as a reality.

It'd be nice to see the wording in said article.

Observador.

• shamus
    shamus

I frequently use the word pagan to describe what the duds think of the infidel unbelievers. It is quite shocking how they laugh and think that "they;'ll get there's!" kind of haughtiness about them.

How about people in service talking about which homes they wish to inhabit after the pagans are destroyed?

They are just sick in the head.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Truth in advertising:

Instead of saying, "the Society teaches," many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, "the Bible says" or, "I understand the Bible to teach." In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

Note: many Witnesses prefer to use is a buzz--keyword ordering the RF to do something without revealing it so in public:

If I was a truth in advertising editor, I would do the following:

Instead of saying, "the Society teaches," many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, "the Bible says" or, "I understand the Bible to teach." In this way they [We order you to] emphasize [that] the personal decision that each Witness has [should be able to] made in accepting Bible teachings [comes from you. Instead give the false impresion that we tolerate indepentent thinking] and also [That way you] avoid giving the false true impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect .

As if it would be written if truth in advertising laws were to apply:

Instead of saying, "the Society teaches," use such expressions as, "the Bible says" or, "I understand the Bible to teach." We order you to emphasize that the personal decision that each Witness should be able to make in accepting Bible teachings comes from you. Instead, give the false impresion that we tolerate indepentent thinking. That way you avoid giving the true impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

Faraon

• bebu
    bebu
    a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God?s organization, and we have sound reasons for confidence in the men taking the lead among us
    ...In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect.

These statements are absolutely astounding!!!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit