Hidding WT's Alaskan Plane?

by Gerard 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    pilots licenses

.....shamelessly picking a nit here........

The more accurate description of that document is "pilots certificate".

I have one though I haven't flown in a few years. It's a very expensive interest I intend to get back to very soon.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Haven't we been down this road already?

Amac, once again you are the voice reason.

Devon, you too make valid points.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Owning a plane in Alaska is not considered a luxury but a necessity.

And visiting fishing lodges (documented) with this airplane is a "necessity" too?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    And visiting fishing lodges (documented) with this airplane is a "necessity" too?

WT officials need to indulge in sporting events too!

• brainwashed
    brainwashed

So long as it doesn't get competitive!!!!!!!!!

• churchofjehovah@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

The documented visiting of fishing lodges followed by the name change does sound odd. It'll be interesting to see where the plane (or others) flies to in the future.

[edited]

• Gerard
    Gerard

It is probably not important, but I looked at the FAA records, http://162.58.35.241/acdatabase/acmain.htm

Tim Betz owns other two planes stationed in Alaska, real bush planes: Cessna 180H (N9077M).

It looks like this:

And a Piper PA-14 (N5153H)

that looks like this : piper-pa14_1.tif (354486 bytes)

• amac
    amac

Holy smokes!!!! Perhaps Tim Betz is working for the WT to amass a fleet of luxury planes as those depicted so that JWs can take over the competitive world of sport fishing!!!!! From there, who knows what they could accomplish next. Unstoppable!!!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is not surprising that people who have never been near Alaska cannot comprehend the immensity and the character of the state. More than half a million square mile of land. France, by way of comparison, is a mere 211,000 square miles - and France is a large country - almost as big as Texas.

(1 square mile is approx. 2.6 square kilometers.)

A large percentage of the population of Alaska (only 626,932 - just a bit more than one person per square mile ), lives primarily on the 33,904 miles of coastline. The city of Fairbanks is probably the only exception to that generalization.

The state is HUGE, and there are a multitude of towns that have no roads out of them - they are ISOLATED and ACCESSABLE only by plane.

Look at a map and tell me how you would DRIVE to the capitol city of Alaska, Juneau, a city of more than 30,000.

Hint: you cannot.

As for "hunting lodges," in many towns they are the PRIME INDUSTRY and likely the center of town, much like the General Store was in old rural America.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill until you come up with some concrete evidence of wrongdoing.

Owning a plane and using it to visit remote locations is not a crime.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

On a cruise to Alaska we could see an isolated hut along the coast - no roads. The only way to reach some of these people would be by plane. Even a boat would take way too long between stops.

I can actually see that to reach people this would be the way to go. The port at Juneau had as many small planes in it as it did boats. Ketchikan had dozens of small planes (we recall the landing strip was across the bay and once you had landed you had to take a boat across the bay to the town). As we would sail in or out of a port we often had small planes flying just over our heads.

And yes I saw KH (hubby is amazed at how often I can spot them in the oddest of places)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit