When I Was In WT I Had It So Bad......

by messenger 10 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

Who has the worst exaggerated story to tell about being a Dub? ex.

When I was a child we had to sit for fourteen hour assembly days in the hot sun without fans because they were not allowed for the other sheep. We had to take shorthand of every word written in the talks and review our notes for two hours after the convention was over. When the flood came at one convention we stayed in our seats and held our breath till the water went down. We looked up scriptures till our fingers bled and then refused to accept blood to save our lives.
    When I became older I started pioneering at age seven, of course back then you had to get 300 hours a month. Lived on bread and water for twelve years, my home was an old shoe box I found and added on to to sleep in. brought 4000 people into the wt and they make up most of the bethel family now.
    Oh yes, I forgot to mention I am paralyzed from the neck down and blind.

top that.....

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Top that? Easy. I am a woman, and I was a JW. You do the math.

• Simon
    Simon

lol messenger... didn't you use to be in my congregation? I'm sure I remember someone like you at least !

• TR
    TR

messenger,

you forgot about the "walking uphill to and from the meetings barefoot in the snow" part of the story.

TR

"Kults Suk"

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

TR,
    You too?

I personaly had to stand in fresh cow pats to stop my toes from getting frost bite.

• Lindy
    Lindy

TR,
    No, no. Uphill, BACKWARDS, barefoot in the snow!

Lindy

• Prisca
    Prisca

and don't forget those crocodile-infested waters....

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

and armies of terrorists searching for assembly bound witnesses.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    When I was a child we had to sit for fourteen hour assembly days in the hot sun without fans because they were not allowed for the other sheep. We had to take shorthand of every word written in the talks and review our notes for two hours after the convention was over.

I thought this was a real post until I got past reading the first two sentences!

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• philo
    philo

And when we got home, our Dad used to cut us in half wit bread knife, and dance on our grraves singing Halleluljah!

philo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit