Fireworks to be avoided at all birthday parties and Bethel dedications!

by shotgun 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Special K
    Special K

Hear Hear .. Undercover

I agree with YOU.....

special K

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I've gotta agree with Elsewhere... giving the recent liberalizing trend on things with "pagan origins", I doubt that they're imposing a new rule on fireworks.

Any chance we could get a scan of the whole article, shotgun?

• SadElder
    SadElder

or they could... at some future point quote that article as a point of authority. They have a habit of doing this, they'll quote a past WT article and use it as the point of authority for a postion taken or a change in thinking. Then they can't say it's a change because we've always said ... whatever...

What about fireworks in the bedroom?

• Huxley
    Huxley

"Indoor Fireworks" is a great Elvis Costello song.

They should have an article about not saying "Thursday". True christians avoid paying homage to Thor.

Happy "Paulsday"

Huxley

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Undercover,

"When considering whether to include a pinata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the conscience of others. (1Cor 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what it meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area . Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

Just wondering where this quote is from?

Jeeez, this line caught my eye:

Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

I can't hardly believe they could write that with a straight face.

---Dan

• shotgun
    shotgun

That quote is from a recent Mag dannyboy...if you want I can send you a scan?

• badboy
    badboy

What is a pinatas?

• shotgun
    shotgun

You bash the crap out of them to get the candy inside. While blindfolded usually.

• badboy
    badboy

show me a picture please of 1.

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Happy "Paulsday"

LOL, Huxley! Isn't that giving too much honor to Paul, too? Jeez, there's not even a "Jesusday"! or a "Jahday"!

And while we're tossing out other JW concessions to a pagan world: How about wedding rings? Have these circles ever been commented on in the pages of the WT?

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit