Issue of Universal Sovereignty

by dh 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shotgun:ROFLMAO - you cheered me up with this post. Thank you

How do you know...well its written in Gumby 1:13 and also Littletoe 5:11 New scrolls which were opened after the destruction.

Dagnabbit, Gumby, we just got consigned to history.
    Centuries from now our words will be canonised
    Sadly, were that true, we need only wait another millenia until they fight wars over what we left to posterity!

I wonder if the quotations indicate that you wrote an epistle, whereas I wrote an entire gospel??

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

[The following argument is based on the JW belief system. Obviously that's not true so it's a moot point for most of us but anyway...]

I can understand why Jehovah didn't just destroy Satan, as Satan apparently raised a valid point, that given the choice most humans would prefer to do things their own way and would probably do it well. To destroy Satan would have left the question unanswered and would have merely shown that Jehovah's philosophy is "might is right". However, Jehovah made things extra difficult for humans by denying them access to the tree of life, destroying most of the world when things weren't going his way, and then confusing people's languages to make things that little bit harder. (Famine, floods, volcanoes, earthquakes and disease are all his doing too.) Despite this humans have survived and thrived. But at some future point (real soon now!) Jehovah is still going to destroy all those who aren't part of his little group. Satan has clearly won the bet by a factor of a thousand to one, but still Jehovah is going to destroy him and his "followers" - even those who sincerely believe they are following Jehovah (YHWH, Allah, God). I can't see how he's advanced at all beyond "might is right". He's a petty dictator with no sense of fair play and he makes up the rules as he goes along.

• badboy
    badboy

Same argument as Herbert Armstrong of the WCG ETC ETC

• Enishi
    Enishi

The WTS's doctrine of universal sovereingty is a perfect example of the human ego seeking to find validation through a bigger ego.

Vindication of Jehovah's sovereingty=vindication of Jehovahs Witnesses sovereingty

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In reality, many people have been deceived by the Jehover con-deity. As we all know, I am the supreme one and have supreme authority. Right now I'm just letting the Jehover do his thing to prove that he's no good.

As you can tell by the state of the world, he really screwed things up. When I feel like it I will take power back and make the world a paradise.

Just send me 10% of your gross income for the rest of your life and I'll make sure you get into paradise!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Dhamah,

WOW, what a good point you've brought up. I never looked at it that way!

This further fuels my desire to leave. However, due to family issues, I've chosen to do it the 'slow fade' way.

DY

• Enishi
    Enishi

*Bows in worshipful reverance before Elsewhere*

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    jw's say it's the issue of 'Universal Sovereignty', which basically means that Hovah.net felt he had to prove himself to his inferior creations,

What an insane idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit