Young "Elders"

by XBEHERE 42 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

We're watching a fast track 7 or 8 year old being pushed in the " school" right now. Constant bragging on him. I do have to admit he has better reading, pronunciation, and grammar than half the elders. Hw will no doubt be baptized before puberty then there are usually only two outcomes; monster zealot or monster girl chaser. Or both

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Road to Nowhere - 3rd possibility: JUST A MONSTER.

Personally I say appoint them as soon as they are weaned. Their dealings with the R&F couldn't be any worse than the current set of older appointed men.

Maybe even appoint them before they are born and use ....... Oh good grief where am I going with this?!

Let's just cut to the chase. WTC is desperate beyond anything most of us ever dreamed they would be. They need help and it includes attorneys as well as prescription medication. However, they are aware of their current trajectory and are clawing at the sides of the pit they have fallen into.

Ex. When the PA investigation called on PA elders to get ready to testify, WTC was a step ahead of them. They enlisted elders in each of the 50 states to petition the AG of their respective states to clearly state the law for reporting CSA. Hats off to you WTC! You ran the ball straight up the middle so that each state might delay their investigation of the cases they had in hand from the leaked database. You fellas are purty smart.

But you also revealed to those elders (some of whom have large mouths) that there are cases that will be prosecuted. Some of my dear brethren from the ranks of elders have purchased umbrella policies due to their fear of having the excrement sued out of them. And, some are already contemplating how to cut a deal since they now know what is coming?! Didn't think that would happen did you?

WTC, you should know by now that every action has a reaction. Good thing that you are paying the fine for Phil and that he has no where else to go, otherwise he might be talking to a DA in search of a deal.

So, appoint the kids young as you want them to be. Just be aware that younger men have less to lose by cutting deals and they can be unpredictable.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Who cares anymore really. They just want to put a title too someone that gonna push play in the meetings. It's all videos and information a child can understand. They could have elders in their teens or wearing dippers. Don't think it's gonna raise or lower quality of org at this point. Or why don't have AI robot as elders? Yeah that gonna least show org Is moving forward with development.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I think it is a great idea. It will further demoralize the rank and file, and weaken Watchtower.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A 25-year-old elder…

…yeah, no way that can ever go sideways.

🙄

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Hellothere wrote why not have AI robot as elder? My conclusion is the AI robot elder would be smart enough not to believe the nonsense the in the flesh robot elders do. ( men doing as programmed without thinking for themselves )

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I'm sure the watchtower would have a fancy answer, but I thought the meaning in the bible of an elder was an older man.

Someone fair, impartial and mature with lots of first hand experience of life, as well as being a long standing, trusted and respected spiritual man.

The horrible, hard line, older, decrepit elders in one of my old halls sent a fresh faced ministerial servant to do a 'shepherding' call with me and my young family.

This 'kid' was hardly even shaving yet.

He cockily said, "Don't worry the shepherding call won't be discussing anything heavy or serious."

I replied, "What if I want to discuss something deep, heavy or important about reaching out for further service privileges with a view to becoming an appointed man again?"

He crapped himself on the spot and then said he would have to seek advice from the presiding overseer and get right back to me.

He never got back to me and our family never had a 'shepherding' call from him or any of the thirteen elders on the body..

What a bunch of spineless, heartless, disinterested bastards they all were.

So, 'young elders'.. sounds like an oxymoron to me...🤦‍♂️

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Ron

Now that’s a funny story. 😁

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    BAss - I think it is a great idea. It will further demoralize the rank and file, and weaken Watchtower.

Watchtower Corporation(tm) is the grift that just stops giving.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"And I suppose they have to be fully vaccinated against the wimpiest "disease" on the planet"

Covid wasn't bubonic plague, but neither was it "wimpy". It killed 2 of my coworkers in the summer of 2020. You are without a doubt the most tiresome poster on this board. And that's saying alot.

Also, why do conspiracy kooks love to use the word "Planet" so much? They never say "world" or "Earth". It's always "<insert paranoid nonsense> on the planet."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit