Twenty Billion Pieces of Literature !

by Blueblades 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Watchtower founder Charles T.Russell authored works totaling some fifty thousand printed pages,and nearly twenty million copies of his books and booklets had been sold by the time of his death.

During Joseph F.Rutherford's presidency the Watch Tower Society produced twenty-four books,eighty-six booklets,and annual Yearbooks,as well as scores of tracts,besides periodical literature.

Under the presidencies of Nathan H.Knorr,Frederick W.Franz,and Milton G.Henschel,nearly all Jehovah's Witness literature has been publish without a byline.

The sect published its ten-billionth ( 10,000,000,000th ) piece of literature at some point during the 1980s.At the current rate of production the twenty-billionth piece will be printed around the year 2,000.

From the book "Blood on the Altar "by David A.Reed page 261.

In the 34 years that I have been associated I wonder how many pieces of their literature was placed in the field by my family.Paid for by us.Profits for them.$$$$$$$$$$

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

As Gary B.says thta's why we are called PUBLISHERS.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I destroyed to shreds my library,from 1950 Watchtowers to present,also 1970 Awake to present,but still have my CD'S.

• freelife
    freelife

I know that i never got any donations for the junk i placed and i always felt bad and used my own cash to "help out the WW work" (banging head on monitor)!!!Stupid stupid stupid!!!!

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Most of that lit was never read and wound up in the trash

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I once had a JW elder come into my study where he saw my bookshelves stacked to the gunwhales. He said, dismissively: "Of the making of books there is no end" (Eccles. 12:12). Had I known of the 2bn pieces of literature figure back then, I'd have quite happily thrown that quote back in his smug-bastard face!

• seedy3
    seedy3
    In the 34 years that I have been associated I wonder how many pieces of their literature was placed in the field by my family.Paid for by us.Profits for them.$$$$$$$$$$

You know, when I was a JW, I used to pick up about 10 copies of each issue and seldom placed more the 2 or 3 copies of each. so in effect I threw out 7 or 8 copies of each issue, every month, that times 4 ( 2 watchtower and 2 awake) equals up to 32 copies each month, now I know I was one of the lesser picker-uppers.. Now the Watchtower just loves to brag about the number of Magazines and books it prints, millions each of the Botchtower and Asleep, but how many really get into hands other then the members of the cult Religion?? I bet it is fewer then 20%, most end up in the landfill or recycle bin.

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit