Is it true?????

by little witch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

tendency to prostitution is but one of the attributes of the wtbts

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Yeah he is sending out Greatest Man-books. Should this mean that JW can give X-mas gifts, as long as they are WT-literature?

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hummm, do a close-up of the wrapping paper. Was it a holiday wrap? Or was it a new specifically designed WT logo wrap? Do they sell the wrapping paper now, along with the books and mags for gift-giving?

Perhaps they are very subtly trying to "appear" like everyone else. This will send confusing messages to everyone. If it's okay to do these things, why don't they just come right out and say so?

/<

• blondie
    blondie

In December, the WTS has always promoted the Bible and after the "donation" arrangement began, the Greatest Man book. We were told in our area to indirectly suggest it as a better Christmas gift. BTW the wrapping paper is not anywhere close to a Xmas/winter design. It is a blue diamond/plaid design. What is hard to believe is that a MAN is wrapping it.

To be fair, we can't first castigate JWs for not ever sending presents, and then get on their case if they happen to send one in December. I always considered it celebrating XMas in an opposite way to go out of your way not to send any presents in December. Now if the only time they send presents is in December.....

km 12/93 p. 8 Help Others Learn About God?s Son, Jesus Christ

December is the month when most professed Christians give more thought to Jesus than at any other time of the year. Thus, it is a fine month to feature the book The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. Since this is a valuable publication, we should determine if the householder is genuinely interested in learning more about God?s Son before we offer the book.

km 12/94 p. 8 Invite Others to Follow the Greatest Man

During this season people are thinking about Jesus. However, because so many bad things are happening all over the world, some may wonder if Jesus really cares about us. How do you feel about that?"

"When someone mentions Jesus Christ, many people think of him either as a baby or as a suffering man about to die. Their concept of Jesus involves only his birth and his death. The marvelous things he said and did during his lifetime often go unnoticed.

km 12/98 p. 2 Service Meetings for December

If the congregation has copies of the Greatest Man or Great Teacher books in stock, show how they can be used to good advantage in the ministry during the Christmas holidays.

km 12/00 p. 2 Service Meeting Schedule

If the congregation has copies of the Greatest Man or Great Teacher books in stock, show how they can be used to good advantage in the ministry during the holiday season.

Blondie

• little witch
    little witch

I find the whole thing very curious. On the other site (dub only, cough, cough), they were going on about how they do christmas without doing christmas!

I admit I have been "out" for a long long time, but I found that shocking! I am glad for them, that they are loosening up though. They seem to be thinking more for themselves, and even mentioned the GB of late has left more and more up to conscience!

I aint criticising at all, I am happy for them. I am just shocked at the change. I personally see it as christmas gifts ala hober style though... This would have been unacceptable when I was in.

No matter the color of the paper, it is a xmas gift sent in response to christmas greetings, no way around that.

Thanks for the quotes Blondie, you never fail us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit