Is it true?????

by little witch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

I read on a jw only site today, that the back cover of the December 23 03 Awake shows a picture of a man wrapping a publication as a gift to send.

Is this true? Comments?

(betcha didn't know witches could go peek at a dub only site eh)? LOL

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I read this too. I heard the man was wrapping the book The Greatest Man Whoever Lived and giving it to people who gave him a Christmas present.

Devon

• little witch
    little witch

That's what I read too Devon.

I am confused on why this didn't send shockwaves. Is it ok for dubs to send christmas prezzies now, as long as the tower made a profit?

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

I also heard about a JW family handing out some small publication for trick or treaters at Halloween..hmm wonder if it's all true?

mobbie

• little witch
    little witch

Do I detect assimilation here? Hmmmmmmmm

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I know that over the years the org has been lowering many of thier standards, but if this is true it would be an amazing thing!

I gonna look for this myself!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    I am confused on why this didn't send shockwaves. Is it ok for dubs to send christmas prezzies now, as long as the tower made a profit?

They don't consider this as giving a Christmas present. This is witnessing and they probably count the time wrapping the books. It's no different than knocking on someones door Christmas day and giving them a Watchtower or Awake.

Devon

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Little Witch,

Send me a private e-mail. I may have someone up here in MI that might be interested in talking to you! My name is real.

GH

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yes indeedy. I'm looking at it right now. He's wrapping the "greatest man" book in some nice little blue argyle wrapping paper. Wish I had a scanner to show it. Text says in part:

"Some time ago a man explained that he gives this book to those from whom he receives Christmas cards. He writes to them, briefly explaining why he no longer celebrates Christmas, and he uses references from the encyclopedia, the dictionary, and the Bible. Then he includes a copy of The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived."

So clearly the Society is insinuating giving this as a Christmas Present gift, giftwrapped even, to anyone who we can't celebrate the holidays with. urg. bleh. puke.

Odrade

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So now they are sending out "booby trapped" presents...

1. Someone receives a package with a wrapped present in it.
    2. They reasonably assume that it is another Christmas present and place it under the tree.
    3. On Christmas morning they open the present to be slapped in the face with an "evil pagan holiday" message.

As any reasonable person knows, this will only server to further isolate JWs from the rest of their non-JW relatives and friends. Only a total freak would send a present to someone on Christmas with a message that condemns Christmas. Very cleaver on the part of the GB... make the little JWs think they are getting more freedom when in reality they are isolating them even more.

You know that borderline JWs will now use this as another "legal loophole" to send "not really Christmas, but on the same day" presents to relatives who celebrate Christmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit