Pleasing Jehovah or Pleasing the Congregation??

by worldlygirl 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Alcoholism? Depression? Other problems?

The lying nature of the Watchtower leadership was shown when they told bodies of elders and publishers not to

cooperate with surveys or pollsters. THEY KNOW THIS ISN'T A SPIRITUAL PARADISE! They want things covered up,

not exposed. That's why they disfellowship people who expose their wrongdoing - like child molesting - saying that such

ones cause "division".

metatron

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Men-worshippers, congregation pleasers all the way!!!

DY

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Another glaring example: My ex made sure he was reinstated before he left me. That way he could make sure Mommy and Daddy would help him out financially (since they would no longer be shunning him.) Never mind that he is doing something unscriptural, they will help him as long as he is "in good standing" in the cong.

• bigboi
    bigboi

This type of behavior was one of the main reasons I left. Witnesses in general are far more concerned with appearances. As long as a person is in "good standing" what they actually do is moot. I know of many ppl who are as wordly than the average non-witness yet becasue nothng officila hasn't happened to them they are seen as ok ppl. Yet, a contrite person who owns up totheir short coming and is trying to turn their life around is burdened with all types of rumor and innuendo. It sucks.

• shotgun
    shotgun

SOJ I've gotton you so upset you even used bold letters.

I may be extreme one way but you are certainly extreme the other. Maybe we should find a middle ground.

How about a dual, you use Jehovah and as you say he already controls me I'll use the God of this world Satan.

You can use his visible organization on earth the WTBTS who deemed his all inspired scripture to be insufficient and continue to publish new material to help clarify his instructions and I'll use logic, reason and the history of that organization to back my position.

Shotgun

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Sword of Jah this is where you are wrong -- my ex-wife adultery the elder who was the PO came over to my house heard her confession and never got a committee together -- that was 11 years ago -- even know she she is not going to the meetings and I hav presented evidence of wrong doing and all of the elders keep running away from the situation not wanting to handle it -- so please do not say the elders always form a committe when something is done wrong.....I .

• SM62
    SM62
    If there is proof of wrongdoing, elders will not overlook the problem and immediately form a judicial committee to handle those cases

SOJ,

Surely you can't believe this? In my experience, elders form a JC when someone has done something that they personally do not like - they are extremely biased and act on their own little pet hates. They ignore the wrongdoing of their family and close friends and it is so obvious in my congregation that your are either part of the 'in' crowd (in other words, do what the hell you like as long as you don't create too much disturbance and you're ok with us good old elders ) or, like me, you are one of the misfits who can never do anything right. Whilst many elders do try to treat people humanely, there are many who abuse their position and use it to massage their already over-inflated egos.

Terri

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hey wordlygirl:

I guess you could say they are trying th please the organization more than Jehovah - but the truth is (as I see it) - they are under so many strict rules they just try to slip out from under that heavy load whenever they can. I think that so many JW's find and use loopholes because they HAVE to - they're being crushed under this huge weight that the society has put on them.

Jesus said that his yoke was kindly and his load was light - definately not the same Yoke that is involved by the society is it?! He also warned that wolves would come in and not treat the flock with kindness - I believe the JW organization is one of many fine examples of this.

Blondie - great scriptures! I also like Romans 14:4; Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand

• freelife
    freelife

My family i think is a good example of a hipocritical jw fam. my sister was df'ed for living with a worldly man who was divorced and a single dad. She told my mom and dad that she was only renting a room from him and was watching his kids for him. They decided to believe her. They would have her over to the house 3 or 4 times a week. They would let me go places with her. We even went on vacation with her once.

Now though i am df'ed for living with my fiancee, and my parents won't have anything to do with me. I am not decieveing anyone. I guess if i would have lied and said that i was my fiancee's live in handyman it would be alright. I just am too good of a person to lie just to make everyone feel good about the situation. I REALLY HATE HYPOCRITES.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

SwordOfJah: You have a PM.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit