Attention to child molestation waning?

by avishai 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

avi

In my years of working on sexual abuse issues I have come to realize that people can only take so much of dealing with/talking about the issue. For those os us who were the victims - we need a break every now and then. It just isn't healthy for me to constantly be juggling this ball. I need to step away from it for a while before I can pick it up again.

I have found too that lately with my other health concerns I just don't have the emotional energy to put into non-stop talking about abuse issues.

But believe me when something happens that triggers the need I will be right there.

I suspect others are the same. - Just taking a break

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

"Every time I see an article concerning the Catholics and their molestation problems.....I wonder why in the hell the witnesses do not get their FAIR dose of media exposed"

Becuase Witness are afraid if the bring these bad things to light they will be removed from the congregation. Speaking out against the organization is a ground for disfellowshipping. This is why it is being kept quiet.......

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Every time I see an article concerning the Catholics and their molestation problems.....I wonder why in the hell the witnesses do not get their FAIR dose of media exposed"

It's because of the Catholic Celibacy issue...it makes for more interesting press that way...plus...there are over 60 million Catholics in the US...only about 1.3 million Dubs or so.

I wish Bill still posted here.

• avishai
    avishai

Yes, Yeru, & the catholics have already admitted there's a problem. The dubs are still ACTIVELY trying to cover their asses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit